1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

CLICK HERE FOR HI-RESOLUTION PHOTOS: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YmpUEqzWmj8hhDvX8

Folks, this is no ordinary side by side. I am selling it on consignment for the original owner who took delivery of it in 2002 from the now dissolved Ithaca Classic Doubles Company, shot it once and put it away in his safe. A letter from Stephen R. Lamboy, President of the company, accompanied the gun and says it all:

Re: Superlative #47133

Dear XXXX,

Enclosed please find your new Ithaca 28 Bore Superlative Class Gun. This is the sixth Superlative we have produced and is the finest one made to date. This is the fourth 28 built. The other two guns were .410 bore and 20 gauge.
I personally test fired your gun and found it to be perfect in every way. Patterns are excellent and the balance is very good with the 30" Krupp steel barrels.
Very special care was taken in the building of this remarkable double. Every internal part has been hand-mirror polished and most are 18kt gold plated. The fitting and timing have been done to fine watch standards. I personally supervised this function, and you will find no better work anywhere.
Your special Turkish Circassian walnut stock speaks for itself. It is the most beautiful combination of figure and color I have seen. Your hand rubbed oil finish will achieve a beautiful rich color and patina. Your checkering was hand cut with hammer and chisel by Jack Jones, master engraver. Jack has over 165 hours into this work of art and it is the very best work, to be found anywhere. All inlays are pure 24kt gold in Bulino detail. Special attention was given to the doves on the sides to reflect the flight of both white wings and morning doves. The bottom game scene is a portrait in itself. The bone-charcoal color case hardening
[done by Doug Turnbull] accents the engraving beautifully along with the lock and sear pins in nitre blue. This is undoubtedly the finest gun we have produced to date.
I wish to thank you both for your patience and sense of creativity in building this gun. You are a true friend of the company. Call me anytime I can be of service to you.

Best Regards,

Stephen R. Lamboy

Asking $18,900 Cash/Check. (Owner paid $22,600 in 2002)
Barrel Length: 30"
Chokes: IC and MOD
Weight: 5.9 lbs​

TX Residents pay no tax, it would be a private party transaction between you and the owner. Happy to relay any questions to the owner if I can't answer them.

Comes with two cases pictured.

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Hey Mark,

Stunning!!!
If I hadn't got this ALS & had to quit shooting shotguns, this firearm would have been sold 20 minutes ago, that's how long I've been looking at it.
That was my life long passion, competition shotgunning. It's gorgeous brother!!!

·
Vendor
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Mark,

Stunning!!!
If I hadn't got this ALS & had to quit shooting shotguns, this firearm would have been sold 20 minutes ago, that's how long I've been looking at it.
That was my life long passion, competition shotgunning. It's gorgeous brother!!!
Thanks brother, it really is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in a firearm!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts