I've heard both sides of this argument. Is the SRP a glorified Custom Carry?.......

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Spanish Peaks, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Spanish Peaks

Spanish Peaks New Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Although I have both, I not an expert on either the 1911 or Les Baer. My CC has the original Bear Kote, applied by Rocky Mountain Arms. They were also nice enough to do a little trigger work and the trigger is now exceptional.

I'm breaking in a new SRP, both guns came from CJ, in hard chrome, with the accuracy guarantee. So, the guns aren't exactly apples to apples.

I had intended to run my own test. But, I quickly realized that at 20 yds., in an indoor range, they both are far more accurate than I am.

As I told CJ, far as I'm concerned, a burglar should write me a thank you note if I shot him while trying
    to rob me. Or, maybe I should write an apology to Les if in pronouncing the perp dead, the cops didn't admire my really tight group.

What is your opinion. Is the SRP more accurate? Has it had a lot of extra work?

2. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Personally, I would easily take the CC (or TRS) over the SRP, get neither with the 1.5, and use the cost difference on ammo and beer. Just my 2¢.

3. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    :nod:

4. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    To me,the SRP seems to be a CC that has (according to LB website) a 2.5 group guarantee,as well as a glass case.

I thought about getting one of these ,but I have become a fan of the base features of the TRS.And for the difference in price,I don't think the glass lid case warrants a premium in price over the TRS.

DAT85

5. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    Just like the CC is just a TRS without the TRS logo.....I like my blued CC; classic design and no BS....Just like the Thunder Ranch. I have never been able to tell the difference between the standard pistols and the 1.5", other than price, at my skill level.

6. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    All in know is that the TRS is a badass mofo. :nod: I LOVE mine. :thumb:

[​IMG]

7. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Best. Looking. TRS. E-V-E-R. :hail:

8. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    Thanks Paul. :wave: :thumb:

9. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    Thanks, Paul......:biggrin1:

10. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    Hey, I had the 3 hole trigger and Alumagrips added to it. :lol: You sold all rights to all complements to me. :tongueout: :rofl2:

This was your version, which made me want it in the first place. :biggrin1:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted