1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you were all able to start the year off right by busting some caps. I ran across a drill earlier that I thought might be a good one for January. It’s simple and only requires 10rds. It comes from a guy I follow on Instagram named Joe Farewell.
Place a target, IDPA or USPSA, at 10yds.
Draw and fire two rounds, reload, fire two more rounds, then fire three rounds string hand only, then transition to your weak hand and fire three more rounds. There’s a 10 second par time. Any shots outside the -0 or A zone with be time penalized accordingly. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well I finally got a chance to attempt this months drill. I didn’t make the par time and dropped one shot, making my overall time even worse. Oh well, more practice.

Sorry about that siren, it was noon and time to test it. I also thought I had myself and the target in the frame. Obviously I was wrong. Fail all around. :bang:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holy **** this drill is deceptively hard. I ran it three times from concealment and only cleaned it once. Best time was a 12.19 1 down. I used a USPSA rather than IDPA target cause that’s what I had.

View attachment 392193
I completely agree! I thought no problem reading the description. Yeah, I was wrong! o_O

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Two replies that gave this months drill a try. This lack of involvement is exactly why this forum and the monthly drills tapered off to the point no one was posting or participating at all. :bang:

·
Registered
381 Posts
This morning,

Our public local shooting place, which is a range and gun store does not have the proper target. I purchased a timer for my phone and have blue tooth head sets. Going to see what we can do.

Later, I decidd to use a target for the A zone. I don't know how big is it, but if I can hit the target at 10 yards, good.

I used the timer for the firs time at the range. I fired my first attempt. Looked at the timed, 18 shots and 20 seconds. I thought well that is wrong, I did not screw around. I was at an indoor range. I turned the sensativity all the way down and the Echo up. Still no joy. Usually it said I fired about 18 shots in 18 seconds. I had the wife time me with a digital stop watch. Still 18 seconds.

It looks like the first target has 9 holes. The next one has 10.
Time results:

I fired the 10 rounds and hit stop on the phone. Best I could do today.
Had fun and thanks for the encouragement.

I am a Bullseye shooter. I also shoot Silhouette, Steel bowling pins and precision rifle. One good shot.
David

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.