Jardine Tactical Hook Slide Cut?

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by BMac74, Apr 6, 2019.

1. BMac74

BMac74 Member

Nov 15, 2018
    I'm considering purchasing a Nighthawk War Hawk that has the Jardine Tactical Hook already installed. Sounds like a great sight, but if I don't like it, are there other options with the same cut? The NHC rep said it's unique to the Jardine but I thought that just may mean with what they carry in house. Thanks!

boatdoc likes this.
  2. Combat Weapon Systems

Combat Weapon Systems Gunsmith

Mar 31, 2019
    They were made for the Novak dovetail, Bomar and Kimber dovetail cuts when they came out 5 or 6 years ago. The War Hawk looks like it has a Bomar style dovetail cut from the picture I seen. I don't know if they have more than one option available. Best bet is to shoot them an email and find out exactly what dovetails they are using and if there is more than one being used.

3. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Sorry I couldn’t find one by the slide ,but I found one at the Mall. !

92329770-6157-4DFC-BB52-D28B46A6C986.jpeg
    Send cash !

boatdoc, Kip and gaijin like this.
  4. hamholfarm

hamholfarm 1911Addicted-> Avoiding Intervention

May 10, 2014
    I'll send ya tree fiddy - but I want guaranteed delivery - of her, not one of your relatives! :roflmaro::roflmaro:

Kip and tac45 like this.
  5. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    I was under the impression there was only one style of tactical hook made, and they were for a Bomar sight cut. Harrison and 10-8 make fixed sights that work with a bomar style cut. You can also get adjustable bomar clones from most major manufacturers.

IM sent

boatdoc likes this.
  6. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    @Kip , Kippy put the dress back on. ! :roflmaro:

FWoo45 and Kip like this.
  7. BMac74

BMac74 Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Thanks! I had asked NHC about Bomar and they said no but I'm going to double check with a second person based on this info.

8. Jim w.

Jim w. Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Geez, like the 1911 industry needed another dovetail.

9. BMac74

BMac74 Member

Nov 15, 2018
    To close out in case anyone reads this in the future while the Tactical Hook can be modified to be installed into a bomar, these from NHC are installed into a cut unique to the Tactical Hook.

boatdoc and zChambers like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted