JEFF COOPER'S FIVE FACTS OF 1911 LIFE

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by RatBikeRod, Dec 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RatBikeRod

RatBikeRod You Don’t Know Me!

Nov 22, 2017
  2. wobblie

wobblie Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Never hurts to revisit Cooper’s ideas. I loved the comment on the “girlish” and “Gumby” isosceles stance.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Mike A and ImperialBlade like this.

3. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
    Thank you for posting this!

Mike A likes this.
  4. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    What else is there to say?? JMB & JC made the 1911 man's best fighting chance!

Jeff Copper said.
    Carry your weapon cocked and locked and ready for anything. Ride the thumb safety high for instant response and complete control. Take a flexible, fighting stance. Focus on the sight plane that will deliver the most vital hits.

1L26, WhoIsJohnGalt? and fieldgrade like this.
  5. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    "Lesson: forget the first four facts. In an armed confrontation, what counts is mindset."

I think this notion of "mindset" applies to many aspects of life, not just fighting.

It seems to me that half the battle in life is knowing where to place your focus, the other half is keeping it there.

6. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    I always read Coopers corner first, as my magazine arrived. Guns and Ammo back in the day.

elpinkgun, Mike A and WhoIsJohnGalt? like this.
  7. RatBikeRod

Nov 22, 2017
    Agreed, I spent the majority of my life studying martial arts and the philosophy’s behind it. Adopting a continual calm, peaceful alertness and not allowing emotion to rule our response to what life throws at us is paramount.

That and the Viking in me would much rather beat the crap out of you than shoot you...there’s that....

cgff, 1911fanatic, 1L26 and 3 others like this.
  8. Addicted2gunz

Addicted2gunz Undecided on whether or not I'm indecisive... Supporting Addict

Jul 14, 2018
    I agree completely. I trained & fought MMA for 9 years, you can be as physically prepared as humanly possible but lack of mental preparedness will get you hurt...

PewPewPtwang and RatBikeRod like this.
  9. RatBikeRod

Nov 22, 2017
    Here is 5 minutes of real life preparedness. If the last one is real that guy has skills and he and the guy in #4 shows what devastation a simple umbrella can do.

Enjoy -

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted