1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a six-gun collection of Bolands, and I already had one, so now I have 7. I only wanted the space guns in the collection, but the seller would only sell all six as a whole. I am therefore going to sell three of the non-space guns. I’ll start with the nicest (and rarest) in the group. Here goes:

If you have heard the name Jim Boland, you may associate him with his heavily welded and crafted “Space Guns” or maybe some of the movie guns he built while working in the movie industry as the chief armorer at Gibbons, LTD. Through the 1980’s and early 1990’s Boland was among the early pioneers of high-performance 1911 customization. He took his experiences as an aerospace machinist at TRW and later as a barrel maker for the now defunct Apex rifle barrels to craft innovative, unusual and “outside the box” high performance handguns. Boland’s proximity to the Southwest Pistol league, the birthplace of practical shooting gave him a testbed of high profile practical shooter customers and fellow gunsmiths. People like Mike Dalton, Angelo Spagnoli, Bruce Gray, Don Nygord and others tested, worked with or collaborated with Boland on the art and science of building high performance custom guns. This 7”, 45 ACP longslide, built on a late 70’s Colt Government circa 1980/81 is pure Boland. After blueprinting and refitting, he welded on a slide extension, handmade a barrel and used his often copied inline guide rod assembly to tame the entire thing. In addition to all the typical custom features (Swenson safety, Boland delrin trigger, squared and checkered trigger guard, 20LPI checkering-Boland finished the pistol with a set of his handmade exotic wood grips and a matte industrial hard chrome finish. That’s not all-the top strap of the slide was left blackened for reduced glare. The most unique modification? The “Trick” slide stop where an ingenious linkage was created by hand so the thumb safety actually functioned as a slide release when pushed past the fire position. Remarkable! Like most Boland guns, this pistol is 100% unique and you are unlikely to ever see another like it for sale. This is a sacrifice, but I hope it goes to someone who can appreciate the innovative engineering that went into this one of a kind masterpiece

$3900 shipped

Brown Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory

Brown Product Wood Gun Firearm

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,234 Posts
Wow, that's some damn cool!

·
The Tinker
4,250 Posts
Always liked Jim's pistols as his were never cookie-cutter types. Liked shooting them even more. Congrats to the new owner. :)

Reactions: dasroofr

·
Incurable..... NRA Lifer
453 Posts
Wow, lasted 16 minutes.... Congrats to the lucky buyer!

Reactions: dasroofr

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
@Alpina9 please post pics of the Space guns sometime will ya!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts