1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve wanted a Garthwaite Hi Power for several decades now and finally sent Jim a MKIII at the end of January. I decided I’d better get one built before he decides to retire. He told me it should be completed around September. Imagine my shock when I received an email from him two weeks ago that it was completed. Turned out great, hopefully I’ll get to the outdoor range tomorrow and give it a workout.

53E21F87-FB0D-4F24-8E40-47E2259F45E5.jpeg
5D31FBC4-3E72-489C-A47C-2772E43D1791.jpeg
9A65387A-5D1D-4E58-B7CE-BF5E5C26FD0F.jpeg

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,592 Posts
Nice! I'm a big fan of Garthwaite's work.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Congrats that gun looks awesome, sounds like he finished up a few pistols around the same time. I have a package to pick up from him at my FFL.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that is what happened, I sent him my Hi Power about the time he was starting to work on a batch of them. Still surprised it arrived so fast when he told me September. No complaining, just happily surprised.

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
Two thumbs, way up!

Jim does outstanding work.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
He does great work. Garthwaite and Yost make the best custom thumb safeties for the BHP.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Wow! Quite cool and Congrats!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have one of the only Garthwaite BHP speed safeties that escaped his shop on a gun he did not build himself. Through a friend, he agreed to supply and install it on my Novak BHP. He was supposed to offer the safeties, like his straight triggers, as a stand alone purchase item, but never did. Greatful that I met him, and that I own a Colt he built.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I’ve wanted a Garthwaite Hi Power for several decades now and finally sent Jim a MKIII at the end of January. I decided I’d better get one built before he decides to retire. He told me it should be completed around September. Imagine my shock when I received an email from him two weeks ago that it was completed. Turned out great, hopefully I’ll get to the outdoor range tomorrow and give it a workout.

View attachment 455501 View attachment 455503 View attachment 455505
This pistol is beautiful!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts