Offered up for sale is a custom 1911 in 45ACP from Jim Milks with Innovative Custom Guns. The detailed build list will follow below along with pictures. Price is $2900 shipped from my FFL to your FFL. Any common method of payment is acceptable as long as it nets the asking price. My only reason for selling is that I purchased this in a moment of weakness, but I have something special planned for my wife’s 40th birthday and she’s a lot more important to me than this incredibly well-made flawless 1911.
- Charles Daly forged steel 1911 frame with 25lpi front strap checkering and 90 degree high grip trigger guard undercut. Italian made, same source as Valtros. Compare a Jardine pistol and you’ll see it.
- Caspian forged slide, French borders, no writing on slide, Caspian logos on the rear of both sides, lowered and flared ejection port, very slight bevel on bottom edge of slide.
- Slide has standard width slanted Caspian rear serrations, no front serrations.
- Slide has been flat topped with 40lpi serrations.
- Dawson .110" width serrated and ramped fiber optic front sight
- Custom rear sight. It's a steel solid black Atlas Gunworks fixed sight with a .125" rear notch width. Jim milled the top of the rear sight so that it was a seamless and flat transition from the slide to the start of the top of the rear sight.
- KART barrel with an EGW barrel bushing. The barrel was cut flush with the bushing and crowned.
- EGW grip safety that has been contoured.
- EGW lightened hammer, firing pin, trigger, disconnector, sear, hammer strut, Colt sear spring, and 19lb mainspring. Trigger is tuned 3.25lbs. The trigger is very crisp, zero creep, and excellent reset.
- One piece steel S&A magwell with 20lpi checkering.
- EWG full length stainless steel guide rod with 18.5lb recoil spring blacked out with IONbond finish
- EWG tactical thumb safety made of tool steel. The top rear and bottom edge of the thumb safety has been beveled and blended perfectly. Very crisp activation and deactivation.
- EGW tool steel slide stop
- Grips are Gaboon Ebony from Wood Caliber.
- All the pins on the ejection port slide have been cut flush to the frame.
- IONBOND complete black out finish of entire gun with the flat sides of the slide polished.
- Will ship in a hard plastic case with one Wilson Combat 8-round mag.
- The pistol has less than 30 rounds fired and appears as new.