1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Offered up for sale is a custom 1911 in 45ACP from Jim Milks with Innovative Custom Guns. The detailed build list will follow below along with pictures. Price is $2900 shipped from my FFL to your FFL. Any common method of payment is acceptable as long as it nets the asking price. My only reason for selling is that I purchased this in a moment of weakness, but I have something special planned for my wife’s 40th birthday and she’s a lot more important to me than this incredibly well-made flawless 1911.

• Charles Daly forged steel 1911 frame with 25lpi front strap checkering and 90 degree high grip trigger guard undercut. Italian made, same source as Valtros. Compare a Jardine pistol and you’ll see it.
  • Caspian forged slide, French borders, no writing on slide, Caspian logos on the rear of both sides, lowered and flared ejection port, very slight bevel on bottom edge of slide.
  • Slide has standard width slanted Caspian rear serrations, no front serrations.
  • Slide has been flat topped with 40lpi serrations.
  • Dawson .110" width serrated and ramped fiber optic front sight
  • Custom rear sight. It's a steel solid black Atlas Gunworks fixed sight with a .125" rear notch width. Jim milled the top of the rear sight so that it was a seamless and flat transition from the slide to the start of the top of the rear sight.
  • KART barrel with an EGW barrel bushing. The barrel was cut flush with the bushing and crowned.
  • EGW grip safety that has been contoured.
  • EGW lightened hammer, firing pin, trigger, disconnector, sear, hammer strut, Colt sear spring, and 19lb mainspring. Trigger is tuned 3.25lbs. The trigger is very crisp, zero creep, and excellent reset.
  • One piece steel S&A magwell with 20lpi checkering.
  • EWG full length stainless steel guide rod with 18.5lb recoil spring blacked out with IONbond finish
  • EWG tactical thumb safety made of tool steel. The top rear and bottom edge of the thumb safety has been beveled and blended perfectly. Very crisp activation and deactivation.
  • EGW tool steel slide stop
  • Grips are Gaboon Ebony from Wood Caliber.
  • All the pins on the ejection port slide have been cut flush to the frame.
  • IONBOND complete black out finish of entire gun with the flat sides of the slide polished.
  • Will ship in a hard plastic case with one Wilson Combat 8-round mag.
  • The pistol has less than 30 rounds fired and appears as new.

F2E4102C-43F5-45B4-BC78-BDCB26F6FB7A.jpeg
FEECDD3F-D0A6-4D57-9F4D-BB07D480E1A2.jpeg
C26D108B-CF43-453C-A298-98042D06F663.jpeg
EBB3A6B8-7CA6-463B-A1EC-9B01A9537D73.jpeg
B4C56C78-86CB-4C6C-ABED-EADB83B0870B.jpeg
0472BA9A-2791-4988-B618-8A2632D29480.jpeg

·
Feed my Addiction!
648 Posts
What a beautiful pistol! I love the DLC, GLWS!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
A stunning no nonsense weapon, right up my alley of admiration.
Good luck.

Reactions: WoodrowAugustus

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Jim is an amazing smith, I truly wish I could get this into Kaliforniastan. Whomever buys it will not be disappointed that is for sure

GLWS

·
Enabler
3,492 Posts
What's the X on the frame signify?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
972 Posts
W A, can you give some info as to the date of this build?
Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts