1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice both sell OEM/Govt. model style parts that you don't seem to be able to find like spur grip safeties and spur and ring/rowel hammers, while most of the market has gone to a skeletonized or extended slot hammer and an upswept beavertail and little else can be found. That said, I found the parts I bought from Fusion (wide spur SS hammer) to be in need of some significant refinishing, let alone fitting and I've read the same about Masen parts as well.

What is the general consensus for both these companies and is there a source for quality parts that fit the OEM/traditional style?

·
Christ is my front sight.
818 Posts
Wouldn’t use a Masen part. They are very cheap, have mostly poor reviews and will generally disappoint you. Fusion is better, have used their parts some but they are not even close to my first choice. Stick with Harrison as advised above, EGW, or Nighthawk. Wilson is ok too if you’re looking to save a few bucks. Good luck!

·
Double Secret Banned
2,164 Posts
Masen is pure garbage.

Reactions: simonp

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Yes, Harrison Design. Awesome parts. I imagine his short spur is to use with his grip safety. I think you can get milspec type parts from Sarco, but I don't know their quality. There may be a reason why you can't find these parts from the high-end parts makers???

·
Registered
68 Posts
EGW for retro (WWI/WWII/commercial) thumb safety and mainspring housings with lanyard loops.

Extreme Engineering and Cylinder and Slide for spur hammers and hammer/sear/disconnector sets.

There are a number of places with NOS GI grip safeties, you can go to Kahr, or CDNN for Remingtons.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Fusion Firearms parts are middle of the road quality at best and thats being generous.
At least thats been my experience with them and when you call it only takes 5 minutes of talking with Tyler Serva who supposedly knows his stuff... I didnt get that impression.
Dont believe me, call down there and ask where their lowers are made. Where the parts are made etc.

Reactions: SWOH
1 - 9 of 9 Posts