Just a possible scam FYI...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wrmiller, Dec 27, 2018.

1. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    Received two emails today telling me that my NRA membership expires at the end of the month and that I should call or go online to renew.

Checked my membership card and my current membership doesn't expire until 2021. And the phone number given doesn't match the member number on the back of my card.

I notified Firefox/Google, but though I'd post a heads up here just in case.

xerts1191, Babboonbobo, 1L26 and 5 others like this.
  2. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    Got one of those myself, maybe NRA got hacked? The email address was not correct, sent it to the blocked junk pile... Heads up Addicts!

xerts1191, 1L26, Kip and 3 others like this.

3. bobo3020

bobo3020 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I just wait for them to call me 8 times a week

Pablomigraine, tarosean, Kip and 2 others like this.
  4. Pedro

Pedro Active Member

Mar 10, 2017
    I got one today from [email protected] [NRA EXPIRATION NOTICE] Immediate Action Required Only 4 days left!
    Mine was an attempt to get me to renew my membership early.
    Pedro.

5. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
    I renewed my membership 2 weeks ago yet I got the same email mentioned above.

Delete.

wrmiller and 1L26 like this.
  6. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018

I got the same email saying my membership was about to expire. It doesn't expire until 2021. Did the NRA get hacked recently? I haven't heard anything.

7. Renegade4006

Renegade4006 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2018
    I received the same e-mail. Either a hack or a pathetic, desperate attempt by the NRA to add more money to their bank account.

8. Stromburg

Stromburg Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Is this the email you guys received?
    Looks more like a marketing play on words, I read mine as this exclusive offer is expiring.

I’m already a lifetime member........

[NRA EXPIRATION NOTICE] Immediate Action Required

Your exclusive NRA membership offer expires in 4 days – at midnight on December 31st.

9. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Yes!

10. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    funny, I got one too. I was pissed it made me get up off my fat ass and check my wallet ;)

11. Pedro

Pedro Active Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Yes, that's the one I got, and my membership isn't up until July.
    Pedro.

12. Journeyman1234

Journeyman1234 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2017
    I received the same one.

13. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    That’s messed up! Apparently they have all our email addresses because I got the exact same email. I always just delete any of those types of email because I’m a life member.
    I’m not thrilled about what they’ve done but my gun range requires NRA membership and it’s a great range so I have to belong to the NRA if I want to continue to use the range as I please.

14. Stromburg

Stromburg Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    They are not saying your membership is expiring, it’s just a special lifetime membership offer that expires on Dec 31st.
    I picked up my lifetime membership 2yrs ago for $500 using a “special offer” when they were pushing for Trump

brninghipower and Babboonbobo like this.
  15. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Well, s anyone a member of another firearms forum? I am and no one is discussing it there. Could Addicts have been hacked? Seems like it's only us...

16. hamholfarm

hamholfarm 1911Addicted-> Avoiding Intervention

May 10, 2014
    I have not received the E-mail, so it doesn't seem this site was hacked. I'm a life member, but as @Stromburg pointed out, that is not a dis-qualifier. I also I picked up my lifetime membership 2yrs ago for $500 using the “special offer”. I do receive a ridiculous amount mail from the NRA asking for more money.

Stromburg likes this.
  17. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    The email I received said that my membership was expiring in 4 days. It was very explicit.

18. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    Have you contacted/asked the NRA and asked them?

19. tightloops

tightloops Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    The one I received is the offer for for a "free" gift for an additional end of year contribution, that expires in 4 days.
    Read the one's you got closely, its not for membership expiration, it's for an offer that's expiring, sent to the membership.

20. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    I give the NRA a dead end email address and phone number. They will kill you with emails and phone calls no matter how much you ask them to stop.

xerts1191 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted