Norinco Just bought a new NORINCO 1911A1

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by colt45acp, Feb 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. colt45acp

colt45acp Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2015
    The other day I decided to get a new NORINCO 1911, so as soon as I found a nice second hand one I bought it.

Many years ago, I owned an old one that despite it had been used and abused to my surprise it shot pretty well.
    Stupidly enough some time after I decided to sell it [​IMG] simply because at a certain point I could not stand any more to look at such an iconic pistol with the chinese NORINCO mark on it...

Cutting a long story short, in the last few months I sold all my (not big) collection of vintage firearms and decided to keet only few guns for the range, so at a certain point I also felt the urge to buy another NORINCO 1911A1 to use as a spare gun also to test new cartridges.

It looks in mint crisp condition, so I suppose it wasn't used at all by the previous owner.
    So far I've replaced those ugly cheap grey plastic grips with a couple of nice traditionals double diamond walnut grips: I hate its big adjustable rear sight though, in the next days I'll take a couple of pictures of it.

fallenangelhim, cgff, Kip and 3 others like this.
  2. BenchMonkey

BenchMonkey Angry Infidel

Nov 28, 2018
    I don't own the 1911 but I do have one of their 870 clones and it's a great truck gun.

I know the feeling about owning a ChiCom shooter, and the lament years later after passing a barrel full of SKS's with that stamp. IIRC they were all still slathered up fresh out of the paper with a 125 clam price tag on them. :bang:

3. fallenangelhim

fallenangelhim chicken wings

Jan 18, 2018
    I have a weird ex-girlfriend relationship with Norinco 1911. Ive owned one. Sold it. Owned another. Sold it. Bought it back. Sold it. Found another one today. Bought it. Something about it.

4. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Ever get any pictures?

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted