Just bought a SIG Tac Ops

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Brad, Feb 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Brad

Brad Active Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I've looked at them online a lot, only thing that bothered me was the external extractor. Never saw one in a store till today, played around wiht it a little and brought it home. Wanted a light rail 1911 badly so this is perfect. I actually like the SIG slide as well

Trigger feels good, fit/finish is great, I like the solid trigger. I'll get out once I get a minor medical issue fixed and shoot the hell out of it. So I need to get a light, I'm thinking a TLR1, but question is can i get a holster to fit the gun with a light on it?

2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011

3. knedrgr

Aug 15, 2011
    BTW, pictures or it didn't happen.

4. Brad

Brad Active Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I've never liked IWB, I wish I could find a SERPA for it but no luck thus far. I'll get some pix. Forgot webforum rules for a second. :)

5. Brad

Brad Active Member

Feb 19, 2012
    2012-02-22_16-35-24_692.jpg

that little fella there, just so you know it happened

6. knedrgr

Aug 15, 2011
  7. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    +1 on Garrett Industries.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Brad

Brad Active Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I see they have one without the strap, does that rig rotate? Where the belt goes through looks sort of like it would

9. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    The mount is adjustable for cant - I have mine set up to have some cant in it, rather than a straight drop.

There are belt loops on the back side, the normal holster has just fixed loops that you thread the belt through, the one above is set up for quick on/off without having to take off the belt.

10. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looks good! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you get a chance to shoot it.

As far as weapon-mounted lights go, the Streamlight TLR-1s (the strobing one) is a good option. I use them on several of my guns for work. A lot of bang for the buck.

Andy

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted