Just finished selling my last Benchmade product!!

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Cop_Out, May 11, 2019.

1. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    Hi folks,
    As you know BM has taken a very anti-2A stance, and as such, I don't want to own any of their stuff. I don't fault those who do, but it's no longer for me. In any case, I mailed my last BM knife to a fella in PA, and I'm waiting for a CRK Umnumzaan to arrive today. :)

2. Jim PHL

Jim PHL Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    I appreciate someone with your conviction. My bro-in-law is another I admire. Lifelong, hard-core NFL fan who stopped watching completely when the kneeling thing started.

3. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    What is a “BM” knife?

4. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017
    Sorry, BM is shorthand for Benchmade.

5. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention......the only one I have is a .mil issued one

6. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Yep I got rid of all mine immediately after their stance on the 2nd and the democratic donations came to light and will never own another!

I did however just pick up a Spyderco from a fellow addict yesterday and I have plenty of other American made knives!

F benchmade:finger: along with any other company that’s sells us out. That list is getting long:bang:

7. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    I guess I missed the memo about their political stance. I carried Benchmades for years and have several, but I switched to Zero Tolerance a couple or three years ago.

I’ve been thinking about cleaning out my knife bin, and this can be my excuse to do it.

8. InstiGator

InstiGator Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Mine are all gone, too. My wife has a Springfield, though, so the house still contains contaminants. I try to pretend it isn't there.

1911fanatic likes this.
  9. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017
    I agree. With so many quality American made knives available, why give our money to the "other side". Just my .02.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  10. dash

dash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2016
    I sold my BMs (to another forum member) after the news broke. They were used BMs so I don’t fault the buyer but I made the decision to move on. The Spyderco web then caught me and those multiplied. Spyderco is a great EDC alternative to BM. For outdoor adventures I still have and love my ESEEs.

Your new CRK Umnumzaan is a classy choice and will make a fine carry knife. I’ve been looking at the same knife and would enjoy hearing your thoughts or seeing a review after you’ve had some time with it. Congrats!

ORShooter and Bender like this.
  11. Novak77

Novak77 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2019
    Just picked up my first CRK, I think you'll be beyond stoked with your decision. I haven't carried Benchmade since the early 2000s I feel like their production has gone down hill, add to that their anti 2A crap and they're dead to me.

12. Diablo

Diablo When in doubt, empty the magazine!!!

Nov 28, 2018
  13. BigSkyGuy

BigSkyGuy Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2018
    I dumped the 3 I had right after the news broke as well.

That CRK Umnumzaan will serve you well for sure!
    20190407_175753.jpg

ORShooter and Novak77 like this.
  14. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Love a Reeves....

15. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017
    Out with the Benchmade, in with an Umnumzaan
    IMG_2998.JPG

16. Novak77

Novak77 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2019
    I've been into blades and firearms since I could pee standing up. I always saw the CRK adds in the back of gun mags and lusted after one.

I can honestly say after getting my first one, I understand what all the hype is about.

Congrats on your new knife sir.

BigSkyGuy and ORShooter like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted