Just for DeadGuy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe C, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    I think when I pass from this mortal coil to take the proverbial dirt nap I shan't be buying my coffin from here: LOL!

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Funeral/1058564

But it is interesting the they are selling stuff like this...wonder if funeral homes would actually let you provide your own. I mean, if I buy one now can I store it in the basement or somewhere until it is actually needed? HA!

2. deadguy

deadguy Jack Welch Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    That evil WalMart. Those probably come from China as well.

Joe we do accept outside caskets. By law we cannot refuse one.

Wonder how they handle returns on those?

3. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
  4. Joe C

Sep 11, 2011
    Yep, probably Jason. I sure bet they don't come from Batesville. I didn't realize you have to accept outside caskets. So, if a person makes their own out of wood or something do you have to use it? Or are there certain standards?

Returns? LOL! Very carefully I would assume! HAHAHAHA!

5. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    Joe we have had people make some of the most beautiful wooden caskets you've ever seen and had their family member buried in it. I mean BEAUTIFUL craftsmanship. One lady even laid down in it to fit it right because her and her mother were the exact same height.

They are far from Batesville indeed. While I haven't laid eye nor hand upon the Wally Box I have seen and inspected several different models that are infiltrating the US market from China. They are cheaply made, the wooden caskets squeak and the mattress/bedding is not something I would want to lay down on for eternity. These look like those models.

And you know WalMart will take ANYTHING back if even for store credit. Hmmm....so someone with access to these caskets after being used could .......

EDIT: just saw where they claim to be made in the USA. Still cheap.

6. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    I have always said throw me in a cardboard box and bury me in the back yard. I figure I'm dead, so it's not going to matter to me :thumb:

7. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    and that can be done as well. We aim to please...

8. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    Whew!!! I dodged a big one. Hows that song go? " Burn baby burn"

9. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    After Im dead I want to be affixed on stakes and placed on every road entering the city.

10. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    COSTCO sells them here by my house... I have to say though.... I've never seen anyone in the parking lot trying to load one into their MiniVan....:der:

11. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I'm getting creamated and my ashes put in 12 ga. #6 shotgun shells and every buddy I have left (if any) will get a box or two. That way I can go hunting for a little while after I'm dead. Was gonna do #8 but them bastards would shoot me up in one good dove shoot.LOL It's in my will and the money is there.

12. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    Just wait till you see my 1911 design casket

13. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    A few yrs ago,a friend of mine who was a skeet shooter, passed on.
    We did a volley of his ashes over a lake at a local sportsmen's association.

I didn't load the shells,so I don't know what it was that went over the lake,but,George,where ever you may be ,we still think of you all the time. :thumb:

I hope I'm not guilty of abusing a corpse.:misdoubt:

DAT85

14. PSLMAN

PSLMAN New Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Do they make caskets with gun racks? I plan on taking the guns with me!

15. Joe C

Sep 11, 2011
    Now THAT is a cool idea!

16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Possibly a lone star bottle.. Ron

17. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    How about loading some arrow shafts with finely pulverized bone fragments, having a number if your friends line up at the edge of a cliff, river, ocean, lake, mud hole or wherever, and lofting them up simultaneously to your final resting place?

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted