I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$900 per 1,000, that's ambitious

·
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was at the range on Friday and had 4 guns with me (all 9mm) and was careful with how/what I shot and when I left there 170 rounds later I was like did I just shoot $150 in ammo? A year ago $190 would buy 1,000 rounds of 9mm

·
Registered
34 Posts
It is easy to say and hard to do, but if we all shot a little bit less we would be buying a little bit less. Then maybe some of those high price dirt bags would start choking on there high price ammo. Just a thought.

·
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was routinely buying 9mm AE 124's for sub-$200 even into March of last year. In fact I remember buying some ammo and sending it to the addicts shoot @limbkiller and it was easy to locate. Sure, it may had been a few dollars more but nothing like todays prices and that was late May/early June. I think the George Floyd issue really sky-rocketed demand, more than Covid.

Reactions: gps man

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got an email today proudly proclaiming truckloads of ammo in stock, you had to go to website to find out Winchester white box was about a buck a round, no thanks

·
We Are!
2,800 Posts
@azguy1911 I’m with you - I was snagging normal-priced ammo from a number of online sources with ease all through last summer.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,969 Posts
The addiction is getting more expensive by the day it seems. Makes me feel a little better about spending $775 for a case of fmj 45. But not by a lot. lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
I’m definitely better off than most with ammo and primers but it’s still a bad feeling knowing 18 months ago I could walk into any number of stores and find boxes of ammo and primers collecting dust, for pennies compared to this madness

·
Premium Member
5,225 Posts
I’m definitely better off than most with ammo and primers but it’s still a bad feeling knowing 18 months ago I could walk into any number of stores and find boxes of ammo and primers collecting dust, for pennies compared to this madness
I stocked up both in factory ammo and components before the current nonsense. I had no interest in another 2016, except worse this time.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I paid 14.99 a box for Blazer Brass yesterday, last week it was 11.99. Rural King. Their prices vary lot to lot, I think it depends on where the buyers get it from

·
"BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore !
1,717 Posts
Pawn shop in Alabama has Blazer Brass 9mm selling for 35 bucks a box of 50 and they cant keep it on the shelf …. CRAZY !!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
That’s the sad part about all this, the people who either don’t know the difference or are so scared/concerned that they willingly pay those prices. There must be enough of them out there as it’s pretty much across the board the same inflated cost

·
Registered
120 Posts
All I know is when the prices come back down (and they will, we have already seen it starting to happen, the sky is not falling) I will be buying a few extra thousand rounds of just about everything I own... Don’t wanna deal with this headache again.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Political factor is the key to determine the future price of ammo. Unfortunately it’s not driving down the price.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts