Just got banned forever for Spamming? other 1911 site.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LBC45, Nov 30, 2011.

1. LBC45

LBC45 In Therapy, no hope

Sep 8, 2011
    Well aint that something. Just got banned forever for spamming on a other 1911 site, never thought i would see that happen. all i do is welcome the new members. Guess you cant do that. Not a person with a lot to say but aint that some thing. Wanted to share with the good folks here for a big laugh.

2. deadguy

deadguy Jack Welch Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Wow. Just for saying hello ....

3. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    How dare you....we should ban you here too.

4. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Don't welcome new members. That will cure all. LOL

5. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    Ooops! .com or .org ?

6. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
  7. nomad

nomad Active Member

Aug 22, 2011
  8. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
  9. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Nov 23, 2011
  10. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    (Que music) Another one bites the dust.

They are going to ban that site into oblivion!

Welcome aboard LBC!

11. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Naughty boy! :rofl2:

No good deed goes unpunished!

It has to be one of the 2,either org or.com.

In either instance they are poorer for their decision.

DAT85

12. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Just found this on .com. Apparently you can't welcome everyone anymore. Sorry bunch of jokers over there...

13. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Ha... you deliberate post-pusher-upper-errrrr...............:rofl2:

14. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I never really stuck around that message board because few people DID have anything to say to the N00bs. At least the new folks who were also new to 1911's. I've been on message boards for over ten years now, and I get it to a degree. On a reptile forum I used to frequent, it did sometimes get really old having new folks asking the same questions over and over, but that's what stickies are for...

I have also never understood forums that ban members so readily. Spam, trolls, and a-holes, sure. But some admins/mods are so zealous to call people out for infractions and technicalities. The following is a true story: I was in the market for a really nice electric razor a few years back. I Googled and ran across a forum called electric razor rap. Browsed for a minute, and signed up/introduced myself. One of their rules was "Absolutely no discussion of blade shaving." Seems odd, but fair enough. So I found thread about choosing a brand, and asked about a certain model everyone said shaved so close and I asked if it was comparable to a regular Gillette Mach 3. I received a ridiculously stern warning from the site owner and was told I would be banned if I discussed blade shaving again. I wrote back that I misunderstood and wasn't trying to cause any problems, once I picked a razor, I doubted I'd be around to discuss it much other than to maybe give it a review. Two weeks later, there were a couple of funny guys there and in another discussion, I made the fatal mistake of using the words "razor blade," while joking about how expensive they had gotten. I was banned. Six years later and I still shave with a blade.

I think members will police themselves pretty well if you have a group of mature regulars. There will always be the overnight experts and blowhards, but that comes with the territory. Probably the only thing that really irks me is a sub-type of overnight expert, the one who asks what to get, gets something, then declares to everyone who comes along later that his choice is superior in every way. I've seen that in everything from reptiles to power tools to guns. I've seen that one almost as many times as I've seen cigarette butts thrown from a Toyota Prius.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
  15. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    Well - I'm not sure why they don't just close the site down to the people that are in the clique, lemmings, sheep - Stop the absurdity of pretending they have an open forum, it's a closed forum - but they just don't tell anyone that, why, I'm not sure, been so long since I've been over there do they have advertisors if so that would be a reason.

Whatever,

Who gives a rat's ass anyway F' them...!!!

16. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    Well M3 at least your not bitter !:animlol:

17. LBC45

LBC45 In Therapy, no hope

Sep 8, 2011
    Hi Addicts, it was .com, Many thanks for your Addicted support, still laughing

18. deadguy

deadguy Jack Welch Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    He has more gripes about .com than Michael J Fox can shake a stick at.

19. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    AGREE. I was recently banned from .org for posting in the wrong section. They have more "EFFIN" rules making that site so convoluted you need a play book to keep track of all the "RULES". Then argued with the forum administrator regarding the ridiculousness of stacking on points for nonsense, taking away avatars etc. It's kind of like "Romper Room"; don't play within the rules and they take away your crayons. I mentioned how other sites would merely move your posting without beating you up over it AND came home after work to find out this pr*ck had sent me 4 emails each one with a new infraction in it totaling up points...the final email informed me that I was BANNED FOREVER. So after I got done laughing I sent him my final email.

20. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    There's not enough stars in the sky to wish them GONE on ...:29_002:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted