Just my ignorance but - -

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Helderberg, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Helderberg

Helderberg New Member

Oct 20, 2011
    As a new to the 1911 platform guy I love coming here and soaking up the knowledge and experiences of all of you. BUT - I do not understand all the abbreviations you people use. Please try to speak to the less informed, me, so I can understand your answers/opinions on subjects I want to learn.
    Thanks in advance, Frank.

2. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    What abbreviations are you not understanding? I'm sure we can help.

3. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Check out the link Don posted. You will be using the abbreviations in no time.

4. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    You mean you don't get that FSC helps your grip while the FCS looks bad on a 1911. Never mind SA ILS MSH isn't as bad as what most people make them out to be. Do you prefer the GI GS or the traditional BTGS? I like the later. Also a fan of ambi TS.

:lol:

5. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    What's sad is I already know those, and I still got a headache reading that...

6. Helderberg

Helderberg New Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yes, these and so many more. Thanks for understanding and not making me feel like a total looser. :hail:
    Frank.

7. Helderberg

Helderberg New Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Went to the link. Great info. Thanks, sorry for not looking before asking.
    Best, Frank.

8. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Looser like a Colt? :biggrin1:

[​IMG]

9. kvtcomdo

kvtcomdo Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Conversation vs Texting.

I agree with this post and it's premise.
    I realize this is the texting generation and everything is condenced for speed; but a lot of us out here do not, will not or cannot keep up with the endless stream of abbreviations.

Give one a break and type in full sentences so we all can enjoy the banter and learn and maybe even contribute.
    Some us older members (age not length of membership) would really appreciate it.:rolleyes2:

10. kvtcomdo

kvtcomdo Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Abbreviations

BTW, look even I can do it at times. I went to the site (link to abbreviations used) which does not begin to answer ? concerning the abbreviations used here on a regular basis.

Sorry to be a bit of an anacronym. I am around guns all the time and I am an enthusiast to say the least, but the degree that some sites are more texting rather than typing sites dismays me.

Sorry, I'll shut up; but I can't be the only one feeling this way. Or can I?:frusty:

11. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    What are these abbreviations used on a regular basis? I thought the thread linked covered all of them. If not, point out the ones you're having trouble with and I'm sure someone can add them to the list.

12. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    It's Internet Creole.. Ron

13. Helderberg

Helderberg New Member

Oct 20, 2011
    For me, I am good. The link solved most of my questions and the additional post's have covered some I had never read. This is a great site and I am very glad I found it.
    Thanks for all your patience. Frank.

14. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    That's why we're here.

15. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Don't believe him - not fer a second. He's got a deal w/the devil in an attempt to exterminate all the electrons in the universe....

16. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    ...and make sure all know the universe is FLAT.

17. Helderberg

Helderberg New Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yea, I knew that. :wave:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted