In the news Just my little bit of news....

Discussion in 'Political Outhouse' started by TheWichitaGunClub, Oct 20, 2018.

1. TheWichitaGunClub

TheWichitaGunClub Well-Known Member Sponsor

Nov 25, 2016
    No real politcal news, just a tad bit of what I got to be a part of the past two weeks....

Great couple of weeks for me. Over my 26 year LEO career I have been involved with 5 Presidential visit to my jurisdiction. The past two weeks my position has allowed me to work behind the scenes directly with USSS and it is amazing what all goes into moving our President and Vice President.

In the past I was an officer and just worked the assignment as instructed, now as the supervisor of the traffic section I was able to have a significant role in coordinating transportation routes for the visits. Pretty cool to have been a part of both sides.

My highlight of the past two weeks was yesterday. My team successfully moved VP Pence from his hotel across Wichita to Air Force 2. As my motorcade detail was getting ready to depart a Secret Service Agent approached me on my motor and said the Vice President wants to meet you and your team.

We got off our motors and waited at the nose of the plane. VP Pence approached and began shaking hands with each officer. All of a sudden he stopped and asked us all to move in so he could talk to us. Myself and my 24 motor officers moved in. VP Pence said that "From president Trump on down, this administration believes in you guys, we like cops and we all appreciate your service. You guys are heroes. And Mrs. Pence and I pray for you all everyday." Such a different tune than our previous administration.....

As my career winds down this was a good one for my memory books...

Jess

IMG_6772.jpg IMG_6766.jpg IMG_6764.jpg IMG_6862.JPG IMG_3478.JPEG IMG_6861.JPG IMG_6852.JPG IMG_6836.jpg

Alexy, nod, xerts1191 and 16 others like this.
  2. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015

3. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    That is so cool! And yes, it is so very different than the loser we were stuck with before. Thanks for your service!

4. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    That’s bad ass! God Bless, Stay safe, and Thank You.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Best story I've read on here in awhile thank you for sharing it.

6. WNC1911

WNC1911 NRA Life Member & IDPA Member

Dec 30, 2014
    What a fantastic experience. Great words of support from the VP! Thanks for sharing, Jess.

7. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    That testimonial needs to make the national news . . . . .

8. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Outstanding story

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

9. Buckhorn

Buckhorn Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    That is awesome!! Nice to hear and thanks for your service!

10. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
  11. BBP

BBP Enabler

Feb 1, 2014
    Great story, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TheWichitaGunClub likes this.
  12. livinthelife

livinthelife Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Wow ! Thats so cool.!
    Thank you for your service sir!
    Very moving:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

TheWichitaGunClub, Alexy and Jimhoag like this.
  13. Alexy

Alexy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Thank you so much for your service, and for being pro 2A and respecting the rights of the people, and not solely the government.

I came from a nation where we have no such constitutional rights. And I'm proud & thankful to God to live here.

14. livinthelife

livinthelife Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I read this post again...gave me goose bumps.
    I love my country, and I love when my friends like @Alexy speak the way he just did. Not because of the situation he left, but because he has the opportunity to come to our great nation, and speak to the nature of the world from his perspective.
    My best friends father spends half of his time traveling, when in airports, he listens to people and converses. He speaks fluent Spanish and looks it. Recently in the airport, 3 South American men were talking. My friend's dad asked where they were from. They replied and asked him the same. When he said that he is American, they lite up with delight and shook his hand. They told him that he was lucky. These were well well dressed/spoken business men.

My point is that while the media and the left will tell otherwise, people around the world very much would like to be apart of this American life.

God Bless President Trump and the United States of America
    :usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

Jimhoag and TheWichitaGunClub like this.
  15. dimedog

dimedog Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Awesome sir !!
    What an honor.

TheWichitaGunClub likes this.