1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just won an auction for a Randall. S/N: RF051_ _C. Not sure if the sights or grips are a factory option or someone modified/added them. I would appreciate any info on this as well as what you think current market value is?
Thanks!
A34

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Reactions: Razer

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hmmm.....I THOUGHT I replied to this last night...smh! Sorry - it looks correct to me - did it come w/the box and such? For ME, I don't care - never have much minded if a gun had a box or not. Just out of curiousity (feel free NOT to answer) - what'd it set you back? I see the ones on GB all the time that the dude is trying to get La-La Land prices on........lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info! I have not got it yet, just won at an online auction (not GB). So, don't know if it comes with box, but auction said it came with gun rig, although no pics of said rig. I think by the time I pay shipping to my FFL I'll be in it for a tad over $900. I got caught up in auction fever, LOL. Not sure if that's a good price or not.

My middle name is Randall, and this is my second one. When I saw the first one in a pawn shop about 6 years ago, I bought it as an impulse buy. It's a very early one, sub 300 s/n. I'll post a pic. I still don't know alot about these, there isn't much on the internet. But now, I'm up to 2!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
interesting...I have never heard of Randall pistols....Randall knives, yes...pistols...not so much....i like the rib on top...

Reactions: A34

·
Registered
603 Posts
A local auction house near me got a collection of 29 randall's they have been selling 2 or 3 a month not to bring down price by selling all at one auction they have been bringing between 650$ - 850$ all were new in box .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, $650 would be sweet!

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Beware if you deal with Armslist!!!!! A lot of SCAMS go on there!

·
Registered
911 Posts
The fun is when you start getting into the less-common ones....took me 30 years to put my collection together - some of which less than 200 were made - especially the Southpaw models!
Family portrait.jpg
Good luck with the hunt!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those left handed models are sweet!

Reactions: zipper046

·
Registered
911 Posts
One word of forewarning.....Randall was built mil-spec - that means to shoot ball ammo only. SOME HP's will feed properly, but you need to be very careful about which ammo you use. I have 3 of mine that I rotate through periodically, so I had them worked on by the folks over at Briley Custom in Houston (they were a customer, and I'd gotten to know the smiths in their shop and trusted them).
So, if you own one and intend to carry it, either have the ramp modified by a GOOD smith, or carry hardball.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One word of forewarning.....Randall was built mil-spec - that means to shoot ball ammo only. SOME HP's will feed properly, but you need to be very careful about which ammo you use. I have 3 of mine that I rotate through periodically, so I had them worked on by the folks over at Briley Custom in Houston (they were a customer, and I'd gotten to know the smiths in their shop and trusted them).
So, if you own one and intend to carry it, either have the ramp modified by a GOOD smith, or carry hardball.
I'm a fmj guy anyway, but thanks, that's good info.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm a fmj guy anyway, but thanks, that's good info.
I've actually bought them from folks that complained about 'em "jamming" on JHP......lol

Reactions: limbkiller and A34

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I've heard it said "They all fall to hard ball!"

·
Registered
34 Posts
A local auction house near me got a collection of 29 randall's they have been selling 2 or 3 a month not to bring down price by selling all at one auction they have been bringing between 650$ - 850$ all were new in box .
At that price I’ll take three or four

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey guys,

Just won an auction for a Randall. S/N: RF051_ _C. Not sure if the sights or grips are a factory option or someone modified/added them. I would appreciate any info on this as well as what you think current market value is?
Thanks!
A34
Yes, looks authentic. It’s an early model a 131. Flat top adjustable sights. I have nine assorted Randalls in my collection

1 - 20 of 25 Posts