close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just scored a phone interview!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ravenkeeper98, Sep 9, 2011.

1. ravenkeeper98

ravenkeeper98 Member

Aug 24, 2011
    :thumb:
    I hope this is going to go somewhere! I got a call today from BD wanting to schedule a phone interview with me on Monday with thier Engineering department head, Head Electrical guy and Human Resources. I have been going stir-crazy since I started my leave. I'm just thankful I am still getting a paycheck at the moment. It sucks after 21 years of steady pay all of a sudden not knowing what will happen next. I don't know how you guys that have been unemployed for any time can handle it. I just hope I can "wow" them into thinking I am "the guy" they need. They have 2 positions open, so I hope I can get one.

2. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    good luck Brother...Ive hired folks on phone interviews when I thought it was crazy to not "see" the person and it worked out better than could be hoped for.

USAF 91 - 04

3. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
  4. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
  5. c.helm

c.helm Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Good luck neighbor!!

I'm just up from you outside of Camden.

Chris

6. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    Good luck. Just let them know how much they will benefit with you as an employee.

7. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Cool deal. Good luck man.

8. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Good Luck!!!

9. Dumbell2

Dumbell2 Member

Sep 7, 2011
  10. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Thank you for your service, and God speed.

11. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Member

Aug 18, 2011
  12. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    Good Luck!!! I am sure you are going to nail the interview.

13. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Good luck, bro. :thumb:

14. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    That's exciting. Enjoy your weekend, don't stress, and let 'em know you're the ONE when the call comes. Upbeat with a calm confidence. Let it flow bro....

15. ravenkeeper98

ravenkeeper98 Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Thanks guys. I'm just glad they wanted to set a time up instead for doing it right then. I will have all weekend to go over all my old EPRs, job descriptions and such, and have it all layed out in front of me for the call. May even look up phone interview questions as well to have something possibly ready to roll for answers.

16. ravenkeeper98

ravenkeeper98 Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Cool, Camden is a great town. I hear there is a plant up there that does stain resistant teatments that is good to work for too. If BD don't work out, I may look around there.

17. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    When I went in for me interview after a battery of skills test, I said a very honest prayer, stating that I need confidence and the right things to say...It seems that my tests went really well and the interviewer asked some questions that could have two right answers, but he was looking for his answer based on his values...He really liked me and that was the beginning of my long 25yr carreer with Florida Power and Light Company. There were 1500 applicants and the hired 18 for that training group! What a job, what a career..sadly my brain injury ended it after all those years.

I'm convinced in the initial interview, my faith and a solid prayer got me in the door. Without going into depth, there was more to it, but I'll leave it at that...Good luck, I'll say a prayer for you, I'm convinced it works!

18. ravenkeeper98

ravenkeeper98 Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Thanks brother!

I'm just glad I know 5 other guys I have worked with in the past that work there too. I already dropped one name in the initial call and the lady was all excited I knew that guy.

19. EvolutionArmory

EvolutionArmory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
  20. ravenkeeper98

ravenkeeper98 Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Becton, Dickinson and Company, they make medical/lab supplies (rubber tube stoppers, tubes, syringes ect..)

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted