Just want to say thanks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doc45, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    I'm saying thanks because I know as a new member to a forum things can be dicey when it comes to transactions as well as general posts. Many of you I recognize from other forums I'm on and those of you I've communicated with strictly through here have been true gentlemen.

As I quickly approach my 62nd winter on this rock I'd like to think I've shown respect to those that deserve it and have proven myself worthy of your time.

To those that run this forum I thank you for a quality online place to hang out in. I may not post a lot but I lurk daily, sometimes without signing in-other times when I feel I may have something to add I will.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, off to my older grandson's 5th birthday party!

ZoidMeister, LPRoad, boatdoc and 26 others like this.
  2. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Awwwwwwww.........
    You're just a kid.
    Check back in with us seniors in a few years!
    :)

Doc45, Capthobo, Scaramouche and 7 others like this.

3. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    Welcome DOc45 and thank you for the kind words!

Doc45 and TheCollector like this.
  4. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
  5. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    I would like to echo the appreciation as described above. I believe I have been a member for about 2.5 to 3 years. I check in almost daily as it is easily my favorite site. I have learned so much about 1911's, other handguns and rifles, purchased a few now beloved items and made some great and treasured acquaintances. I have also laughed at some of the great humor, fantasized and found respite amongst my colleagues. I enjoy contributing what little I can to "Our Cause". Thanks to you all. Uboat Doc.

6. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Hoping that 70 is the new 40. :)

7. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Welp…… I can tell you it's not quite the same ! :)

8. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Holy cactus juice!!! my older granddaughter just started college and my YOUNG grandson is a junior in high school..and I'm 59ish. :D:D:D

9. BR549er

BR549er Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Yessir, Series 70 is in fact the new 40.

Luckily +2.50 readers are sold in 3-packs.

10. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Yeah, 70 must be a lot like 40- but without knees, rotators, thumbs, lower back, endurance, etc.

boatdoc, Doc45, danc1996 and 5 others like this.
  11. UBOATDOC

Apr 5, 2015
    And the ubiquitous drugs for erectile dysfunction. The biggest inconvenience I feel has been encountered is that most insurance coverage will not provide a 30 day supply of any ED meds. Thus the poor guy must determine when he "thinks" he might get lucky and take the medication before hand(no pun intended) and hope he "scheduled" it right. This is cruel and unusual punishment unless one has a girlfriend or wife who is about half his age. Which in essence is also possibly cruel and unusual punishment as once one is done with the hopefully pleasurable activity and has survived once again to walk upright.....you have to hope that your beautiful conquest is also capable of intelligent and insightful conversation or suffer an evening/night of Kardashianesque inane absurdity that causes most normal men to be either suicidal, homidical or perhaps fratricidal(if one's relative introduced you to her.....or if from states where family "closeness" is recognized as being pretty normal "dating")

12. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Doc,
    Did you write that from 60 fathoms?

Capthobo, TheCollector and UBOATDOC like this.
  13. UBOATDOC

Apr 5, 2015
    Naw, just hanging out today and thinking of some of the true insults that occur when getting old(older). I have registered my indignity with the various medical insurers I have had over the years about such stupidity at saving a few bucks per patient by denying those same patients some normal human pleasure/activity. Of course, when I do I am generally talking to someone who does not really comprehend this minute yet important fact. My primary doc and I laugh a lot about this and I just shop around for herbal stuff that works as good/better and sometimes without as many side effects.

boatdoc likes this.
  14. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    Only 62?
    Nice words for the forum.:)

Doc45 and UBOATDOC like this.
  15. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Jeeze you guys are making me teary eyed!

boatdoc, Capthobo and UBOATDOC like this.
  16. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    ^^Excellent.
    Most excellent.

Mike Meints likes this.
  17. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    I'm thinking the drugs for ED still beat direct injection in the head of your equipment !
    Just my .02 .

boatdoc and UBOATDOC like this.
  18. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    True dat.

UBOATDOC likes this.
  19. UBOATDOC

Apr 5, 2015
    Indeed. I used to have this patient who would inject himself about once a week....no real problem....except he would often talk some other hapless dude into doing as well.....causing the "new" guy pretty horribly painful erections. The treatment, you ask? Aspirating the blood out of the tumescent chambers of the penis with a large gauge needle. Clearly....never saw the same "new guy" twice.

Mike Meints likes this.
  20. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Oh my God doc.
    I’m out on this discussion.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted