Kahr MK9?

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by awpk03s, Oct 6, 2011.

1. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Anybody have one of these little stainless pistols?
    I'm really intrigued by them, and have always heard the SS guns were the gems of the Kahr line....

2. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I carried one daily for about 6 months. Good gun, mine was realiable and easy to carry. I switched to a small 9mm 1911 for the thinness and trigger.

3. G26S239

G26S239 New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I have had one for the past 5 years. It is an excellent little gun. I like it better than its big brother K9.

4. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks guys. I'm considering a MK9 for carry (still have leftover holsters from previous PM9 ownership), and also tossing around a K9 for my wife's nightstand gun.

5. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Dude, that grip is tinnnnnnnny.

6. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    TSiWRX has one i think...i think i might shoot the tip of my thumb off using the thumbs forward grip

7. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    The MK/PM is definitely a two/two and a half finger grip at best... but with 9mm it's surprisingly very controllable and shootable.
    I had a PM9 that I never should have gotten rid of.... it was the kind of gun that I could carry anywhere, no matter what (pocket, IWB, ankle). I have carried an all steel J-frame and SP101 and it didn't deter me, so I think the MK might be a great addition...

As for the K9... my wife has a S&W 315 Nightguard today. The trigger is good for a K frame, but it's still a big frame for small hands. THe Kahr trigger will be smoother, and a smaller grip, so I'm kicking it around..

BudsPoliceSupply has great prices on Kahrs when they're in stock, so I'll probably wait on that.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted