Karl Lippard

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Kokopelli, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  2. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    400 YARDS!!! I call BS! Where is the sling mount for the tripod you're going to need?

3. Earlsbud

Earlsbud Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 28, 2011
    http://www.karllippard.com/military/Testimonials.html

Ron, the bbl link seems to be an old idea that may have come from Pachmyer. I know he is selling parts including comps on ebay. The comps apparently are drop in and have no gas ports. It's a forward weight. Karl says the 1911 is flawed in that it isn't balanced and that his comp corrects that. I have yet to see a post from an A2 owner or mention from a Marine that used one. I think Warner mentioned in a post at TOS that he had some dealings with Lippard. Maybe he'll chime in.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  4. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Well I guess anything is possible, even if it's not believable. A guy I used to converse with over at rimfirecentral.com was getting Guinness to witness him shoot a 10/22 600 yards at an 8 inch target if I remember correctly. He made it too.

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I certainly know nothing of them.. Just thought it was a interesting read... Cheers.. Ron

6. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Bottom line is that it's still a .45ACP.

7. dnuggett

dnuggett Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Seems interesting on the surface of things, but if the stink hits the fan enough to require me to effectively hit targets at 400 yds with my handgun, I either failed to plan and don't have the right tool for the job, or there is more stink than should have been anticipated- either way I'm screwed.

Now if you want to hit targets at 400 yds with a handgun just so you can say you can or that your equipment could have hit that far if only you were a good enough shot, then by all means, have at it.

8. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    It appears that KARL LIPPARD is now a member on TOS.
    He's pimping his "military link" on the thread about the guy having issues with his Remington.
    (in other 1911's sub forum)

DAT85

9. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I assume this is done with optics? Does the 45 acp even have that ballistic capability? Hell I don't think I can even see a target well enough at 200 yds without optics let alone 400 yds. Seems like there would be a considerable amount of calculating to predict bullet drop, etc with the 45.

10. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    It says the choice is mine... - lol - I choose to PASS

<It appears that KARL LIPPARD is now a member on TOS.> - WHAT A F'ing SURPRISE :rolleyes2:

TOS - "Where you can pay - to Pimp"

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted