1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 KC Kustoms Meusoc builds, I'm a huge fan of the Meusoc pistol and all of its variants. I have a Variant 1 and Variant 2, plus a Berryhill tribute built for my wife.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have 3 KC Kustoms Meusoc builds, I'm a huge fan of the Meusoc pistol and all of its variants. I have a Variant 1 and Variant 2, plus a Berryhill tribute built for my wife.
Wow, 3 builds from KC! Did it take like a decade to deliver those? Or did you get in really early in his books?

Nice MEUSOC Builds. I have always liked the simplistic no nonsense USGI look of the MEUSOC 1911. Those are timeless no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, 3 builds from KC! Did it take like a decade to deliver those? Or did you get in really early in his books?

Nice MEUSOC Builds. I have always liked the simplistic no nonsense USGI look of the MEUSOC 1911. Those are timeless no doubt.

No the Variant 1 I sent in as soon as I knew he was starting them, the Variant 2 and the Berryhill tribute Colt send in at the same time, just yes the wait and the hurricanes didn't help lol.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Apparently there are a couple of other custom gun makers out there who build MEU SOC clones, including Sams Custom Gunworks. Any thoughts in terms of comparison?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Apparently there are a couple of other custom gun makers out there who build MEU SOC clones, including Sams Custom Gunworks. Any thoughts in terms of comparison?
https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/scg-meusoc.31793/#post-437822

Sams Custom Gunworks is one of the clone depots along with KC.

Alas, Dave Berryhill R.I.P. was also one of the MEUSOC aficionados turning out clones when he was with us.

As previously stated- a MEUSOC of any Generation is timeless IMHO.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The big difference between Sams is that he match fits the Barsto Barrel- so it shoots very much like a bullseye blaster. Very very tight fit barrel!

The other builders use the drop in Barsto Unit like the original MEUSOC; and they bevel every edge. Berryhill and KC both have nicely executed de-horn work and beveled Magwell. Sams doesn’t bevel Magwell and his guns maintain the original sharp edges synonymous with a Colt M1911A1.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The big difference between Sams is that he match fits the Barsto Barrel- so it shoots very much like a bullseye blaster. Very very tight fit barrel!

The other builders use the drop in Barsto Unit like the original MEUSOC; and they bevel every edge. Berryhill and KC both have nicely executed de-horn work and beveled Magwell. Sams doesn’t bevel Magwell and his guns maintain the original sharp edges synonymous with a Colt M1911A1.

Actually KC match fit all of them; and is well known far more around the Bullseye circle then Sams. I speak with KC often hes my smith and a was there during the introduction of those pistols in the PWS shop his knowledge is far superior.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts