1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have or shoot one of these. Local shop has one in FDE for a really good price and I looked at it today. It is very interesting to say the least. I like the idea of 30 rounds in a small handgun and 22mag is nothing to sneeze at. I think this would make an excellent HD gun with the correct ammo for my wife as long as it is reliable. She is very recoil sensitive and will shoot a 380acp but does not enjoy it. Currently has 22lr's stashed around house. I have them holding it for me until morning as I did not have time to complete transaction today or I would have been late to work.
So I need to decide by tomorrow morning wether to pick it up. Any and all opinions would be appreciated.

·
Pulling my hair.
29,386 Posts
My gun buddy has one and loves it. Haven't heard of any problems from his. Finding extra mags was a problem. Not sure if they are easier to find now as this was a couple of years ago.

·
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Reviews I've read seem positive. I have not looked anywhere but gunbroker for mags and they seem readily available if your willing to pay!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Miss mine, fun gun! I had a hard time finding 22MAG at a reasonable price so I sold it. Mag dump with that gun will put a big smile on your face!

·
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if everything goes ok, I think I will go ahead a pick it up in the morning. It's FDE, would like black but that's ok I don't have any other color guns. Time to branch out, they have a FDE Core 15 I might pick up also. Would make a nice set?

·
Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year
385 Posts
I like my PMR30. To me though it's just a fun gun that comes out every once in awhile. Far better choices for self defense.. just my opinion.

·
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand but I would rather my wife have 30 rounds that she feels comfortable with.
They're are also other options in the house at her disposal. This would just be another one, can never have too many options.
This would not be purchased strictly as an HD gun mostly a range toy.
I just thought if it functions flawlessly it would give her something with a little more umph than the 22's with stingers! She like the 22's she can shoot up to 9mm but I can't get her to practice with it, doesn't matter how big the bullet is if you can't hit what your aiming at 10, 20 or 30 rounds of 22lr's or 22mag will still do the job.
She currently carries a 380acp and an NAA pug as back up. There are 22lr's stashed all over the house as well as 410 shotgun she feels comfortable with and an AR that she will shoot if necessary also a Ruger GP100 with light 38spec. I don't care if its only a pellet gun, I want her to have everything available that she can use to defend herself!

·
Make it a double
17,008 Posts
Get it! Those things are cool. I've almost gotten one a couple times, other things always came up. If it makes your wife comfortable then it will be worth every penny.

·
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went and picked it up this morning!
Technology Laptop part Office equipment Computer accessory Everyday carry

Picked up a few boxes of ammo, hopefully get to range soon! This is the 3rd gun I've purchased since I've been to the range:(

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,977 Posts
You will like it, newer models are much more reliable than the early releases. Don't know what your intended use is. I set mine up with a Burris FFII red dot. Much better for "old man eyes".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts