1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm Ken's son. He wanted to write a 2nd edition of Hallock's .45, the printer wouldn't accept a type written manuscript and he did like using computers. We looked at scanning an old book so he could reprint them, but the scanned art-work would be unacceptable, so that never happened.

After he passed away, we happened onto all of the original artwork. Now a reprint seems feasible.

I am wondering if there is still enough interest in this book to justify the work?

Dan Hallock

·
Double Secret Banned
2,173 Posts
I have a paperback of his book somewhere. I'd be interested.

May your dad RIP. You have my condolences.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi, I'm Ken's son. He wanted to write a 2nd edition of Hallock's .45, the printer wouldn't accept a type written manuscript and he did like using computers. We looked at scanning an old book so he could reprint them, but the scanned art-work would be unacceptable, so that never happened.

After he passed away, we happened onto all of the original artwork. Now a reprint seems feasible.

I am wondering if there is still enough interest in this book to justify the work?

Dan Hallock
I knew your Dad for many years. He was a good man. I'd always stop and visit with him when he was at the big gun show in Tulsa.

I'm very sorry to learn of your loss. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Ken was Mr. 1911, and we are all diminished by his passing.

By all means, please print his book. In the circle of 1911 aficionados that I run in, it would be extremely well received. Put me down for two copies.

Warmest regards,

Jim Hill

1 - 20 of 22 Posts