Kimber K6S 3 inch with exposed hammer spur.

Discussion in 'Revolvers' started by Wildcat Creeker, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Wildcat Creeker

Wildcat Creeker Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Just read in American Rifleman magazine last night that Kimber now has an exposed hammer spur model in 3 inch. Went to the Kimber website and sure enough there they are. A 2 inch and a 3 inch model called the DASA, both in stainless. I am intrigued, even with a 900 plus dollar retail price. However there are no DASA models on Gunbroker or Guns America. Has anyone seen one of these models available?

2. Xringchaser

Xringchaser Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2019
    I have one on order but have seen none for sale anywhere and don’t have a real expected shipping date.

3. Wildcat Creeker

Jan 26, 2012
    Thanks for the reply. I assume they are not out yet. :)

4. Les White

Les White Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2015
    You might browse Kimbertalk.com and find out more into. Cool revolver!

Xringchaser likes this.
  5. Xringchaser

Feb 2, 2019
    I handled one last week. Sweet little revolver.
    I can’t wait for mine to get delivered!

6. Wildcat Creeker

Jan 26, 2012
    There are a few available on gun broker now. Waiting for the prices to lower a bit.

7. Wildcat Creeker

Jan 26, 2012
    There is a 2" DA only model in the local Rural King store. I asked to see it. Had a trigger lock on it so I could not cycle the action, but the quality and the finish looked very nice to me. I am surprised there is not much discussion about this gun on the forums. Maybe I am not on the right forums for that.

8. Xringchaser

Feb 2, 2019
    I had one of those. Nice pistol but I didn’t like the long double action trigger.
    The new single/double action is much better for me. I fondled one last week and it broke clean and crisp in single action. The one I ordered is supposed to be in soon. I can’t wait.
    I also ordered it with a 3” barrel instead of the 2” version.

9. Wildcat Creeker

Jan 26, 2012
    Years ago I participated in some multi-thousand round torture tests of handguns with the late gun writer Frank James. I wish someone would do that with a K6S to see how it holds up. One of those Frank James tests we ran I believe it was 6000 or maybe 6500 rounds of standard and +P 38s through a 2 inch S&W J frame in one afternoon and it held up just fine. I was not surprised at this, however the Kimber is new and unproven.

10. Xringchaser

Feb 2, 2019
    I read something like Xxxxxxxx was building these for Kimber? Don’t know if it’s true, just read it on the internet.

Edit: looking further it appears to be designed and manufactured by Kimber.

Last edited: May 13, 2019

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted