1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Man that's a pretty one for sure! Might make me think also.
Longbow, my 1911 gunsmith in Houston took my only Kimber an Ageis when it was brand new, ordered some EB part including a trigger kit and did a complete make over & polished parts. Now it has a crisp 3.50# trigger and runs with the best of the 1911's. Cost: $450.00 out the door.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
You rat $#@%-$&d. I had just told myself I was going to not buy a gun in 2020 and you post this....and I can get it in 10 mm.

Damn.where is that thread about what I am getting for 2020.

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,518 Posts
How much to buy, and how much to fix ?
It's a 5" gun. I have never run across a 5" Kimber that didn't run. The pro's and 3" guns are a bit more finicky. I'm sure some have had problems with their gov't Kimbers. However, I spent a lot of time at one point trying to talk myelf out of one and digging through all the forums indicated the 5" Kimbers run pretty reliable.

They lost me on an Eclipse Pro that I really didn't give them a fair chance to correct. Yeah , I had a bad one, but 1) Every Kimber I've shot was a tack driver, 2)They were beautiful to look at, and 3) I was able to get considerable discounts on them from a Master Dealer nearby. and 4) they all had plastic MSH's :( 5) I liked the mepro light sights, 6) the factory trigger on a Kimber is consistently better than most production guns , excluding Dan Wesson.

I gotta hand it to them, they make some pretty pistols. The one posted above is very handsome.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Reactions: Buck Buck

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
I don't care for the black on either but I love the looks of that "BLACK ICE".

I might get one in 10mm but I sure wish it was a "KIMHAWK". One thing I could NOT live with is if the trigger is 5#, I couldn't tolerate that!

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
My God!! If I was killed in a car accident and one of those was near me I hope someone would have the good taste to remove it so it would not show in any of the pictures of my corpse!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.