1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got another Kimber revolver a few weeks ago and just had the opportunity on Sunday to get it out and shoot it. The Kimber K6s TLE 3" DAO. Friends, I have quite a few revolvers and these Kimber's are really great. My tests aren't scientific at all but they shoot like lasers for me. The DAO is smooth and they just fit. I can't say enough good things about them. Don't get me wrong, I love shooting and collecting Smith's and probably won't stop but my collection of Kimber's is growing. If you haven't held one or shot one do yourself a favor and try one out.

This one is in their matte black finish. It isn't that pretty but it sure shoots and conceals well.
Has anyone else tried these Kimber's yet? What do you think?

All the best and have a great week my forum brothers and sisters!

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife picked one for concealed carry and it shoots very well. I’d shoot it more but I don’t want her to think I’m trying to snitch it.
I actually bought this one for Mrs. Tailwheel. However she didn't like they way it felt in her hand. Oh darn, another revolver for me. :)

She ended up liking the SA Hellcat and carries that. Plus she is very accurate with it and it is controllable for her and her small hands.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice, I’ve been looking for a carry revolver and can’t decide if I should get something lighter like a 340pd or a Kimber like above. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the K6s and bad about how much the 340pd recoils. So far I haven’t had a chance to shoot either but eventually I’ll decide on one...

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been looking at the 4in combat. I think it will be my Christmas present when I find one.
I'm looking to add the 4" combat and the 4" target to my Kimber stable. Good luck on your quest!

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Even the aluminum air weights are no fun to shoot. I owned one for a few months and after one 50 round qualification I rehomed it. All steel snubbies are where it’s at. A friend owns one of the scandium Smiths in .357. Knowing I reload he asked me for a few magnums just to try it. I gave him 5 and he returned several, unfired. When next he qualified with it I ran 5 through it and verified that Mike Venturino was spot on when he called it ”the .357 that never should have been”

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice, I’ve been looking for a carry revolver and can’t decide if I should get something lighter like a 340pd or a Kimber like above. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the K6s and bad about how much the 340pd recoils. So far I haven’t had a chance to shoot either but eventually I’ll decide on one...
Well I have the 360pd which is the hammer version of the 340. I like it a lot for lightweight carry. I carry 38+p in mine, HST short barrel loads to be exact and a speed loader or two of 357mag. The 38s are easy to handle in the Scandium gun, 357s are much harder but I wouldn't call them terrible with the right grips. I've put Uncle Mikes boot grips on my 360pd which seem absorb the recoil much better than the factory grips.

I alternate depending on my attire as to which one I carry. The 360pd is great for pocket carry in shorts. The K6 is a bit heavier so I need a good belt to carry it on my 4 o'clock or a pocket.

Just do what I do when i can't decide. Get them both!

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Nice revo! I've been thinking of that same one (3" matte black) for woods carry. I currently carry a S&W 640 pro stoked with Buffalo Bore "Woodsman" .357's when hiking....and .38spl p's for when I'm off the trail and about Town. In a cheapo Barsony brand leather holster AIWB, it just disappears and is comfortable to carry for hours of hiking and rock scrambles. Definitely a handful with the Buffalo Bore loads...but doable. Much lighter than my 686 4"....so was thinking of the Kimber 3" or finding a 3" barrel for my 686....

Reactions: Falkor_shooter

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice revo! I've been thinking of that same one (3" matte black) for woods carry. I currently carry a S&W 640 pro stoked with Buffalo Bore "Woodsman" .357's when hiking....and .38spl p's for when I'm off the trail and about Town. In a cheapo Barsony brand leather holster AIWB, it just disappears and is comfortable to carry for hours of hiking and rock scrambles. Definitely a handful with the Buffalo Bore loads...but doable. Much lighter than my 686 4"....so was thinking of the Kimber 3" or finding a 3" barrel for my 686....
Kimber discontinued the TLE and their Deep Cover revolvers for some reason. I looked for this one for a year. They pop up on GB from time to time but go for ridiculous money.
I have a few 640s and they are great shooters. I agree with the conceal ability but I like that sixth round.

·
THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER
2,648 Posts
I was heartened for Kimber when I saw that they were making these and the reports of those who had shot being positive as I had owned a Kimber 1911 in the early 2000's that was a very good and accurate handgun....then as we all pretty much know, they went crazy with the 2 and 3 page ads in the gun rags and the whole "Custom Shop" stuff. I still talk with people who feel they are along the lines of a WC, Baer or Ed Brown only "for 1/2 the price". If one wants to pay 750-1000 for a good shooting revolver that they would find as good and reliable.....I recommend that they carry that gun. I hope Kimber gets things figured out regarding making several reliable 1911's and revolvers and go with that. They also offer an awful lot of fluffiness type things that they dont really need. My brother still carries his "baby Kimber" 1911 45. This is a replacement after the first one "blew up". But he has replaced everything exit the slide and frame....

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kimber has their **** together now in my opinion. Sig hired Ron Cohen away from them around 2005 and things have gotten so much better for Kimber and while I’m sure profits are way up for Sig quality has suffered.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is what got me hooked on them. My best friend gave me one for my birthday and I fell down the Kimber rabbit hole. I hope you like it as much as I do. They come with a great trigger already but TK Custom has a spring kit that makes it even better.

Good luck!

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,354 Posts
I like the Kimber brand. Several followers on here don't care for Kimbers, which is fine, they have their reasons and it's a free country. But, I have three Kimber 1911s and have never had any issues with any of them and they shoot perfectly. I may look at one of these revolvers to add to my arsenal.

Reactions: Tailwheel

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I have a 340pd and a 2" K6s. They are two different guns. I am not recoil sensitive and with LG 405 grips from CT, I can shoot anything. If you are in my boat with respect to recoil, the 340 is one of the greatest pocket revolvers ever made.
The K6s is larger, heavier, but a total joy to shoot. Well made, six rounds, good sights, and a trigger smoother than the inside of a school teachers thigh.
Both are really great guns but for all day pocket carry in a suit, the 340 wins hands down. On the hip or a car gun, the Kimber is my choice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts