1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of these? It has a full size Government grip frame & a 3" BBL.

"The Kimber Ultra+ CDP (Custom Defensive Pistol) II from the Kimber Custom Shop is for those who find they are better suited having a 1911 with a short slide assembly while retaining the full-sized grip. The Ultra+ CDP II provides this, along with numerous practical and attractive features found on, well, a custom 1911."

https://www.handgunsmag.com/editorial/review-kimber-ultra-cdp-ii/138157

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not too surprised it is for large hands, & just did not take root.
Any way if you do want a Compact with a full size Gvt. frame
this is the model Kimber once made.

Now if this configuration had a slot cut on top with a single front sight
Kimber made one like this only 6 shot. That would be perfect IMHO.

·
Premium Member
8,135 Posts
Does anyone have one of these? It has a full size Government grip frame & a 3" BBL.

"The Kimber Ultra+ CDP (Custom Defensive Pistol) II from the Kimber Custom Shop is for those who find they are better suited having a 1911 with a short slide assembly while retaining the full-sized grip. The Ultra+ CDP II provides this, along with numerous practical and attractive features found on, well, a custom 1911."

https://www.handgunsmag.com/editorial/review-kimber-ultra-cdp-ii/138157
I had one for a couple years and traded in to TWGC. I found it to be a bit snappy for my liking...... but then again, I'm getting OLD!!!!

Reactions: Badabing11

·
Premium Member
8,135 Posts
Me TOO. LOL.
Compared to my full size 1911s my Commander is a bit snappy. :)
My only Compact is the Star Firestar & you can anchor you boat with it.
Too heavy for all day carry.
@collector did you use other brand mags in it without trouble?
I only used the Kimber mags, but then again I only range shot it with FMJ ball ammo.

Reactions: Mike A

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
Hey Mike,
I don't know if Kimber quit making them or not, the ULTRA +. But there are several NIB at GB'er for sale. In the big search box just type in: KIMBER ULTRA CDP. The 1st one from Reed's Sports is a + model, full frame-officer slide & barrel. They are super nice firearms. How's things in NC?

Jim D - BCD 45

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How's things in NC?
We had 60s & that Cold front blew threw last night & now it's 33 burr! :)

I did call Kimber but they could not tell me if they plan on offering the
Ultra Pius in future or not. It seems like a preowned is all that's out there now.
Unless Kimber only made a limited supply or they just sold out fast.

From what I read here, many others like the model a lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Review: Kimber Ultra+ CDP II
My all-time favorite pistol. I've owned everything. I've put 5300 rounds through my Ultra CDP II without a single failure to feed or failure to fire and eject. Flawless and racy. Workhorse and show pony all at once.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My all-time favorite pistol. I've owned everything. I've put 5300 rounds through my Ultra CDP II without a single failure to feed or failure to fire and eject. Flawless and racy. Workhorse and show pony all at once.

btw I only run Wilson mags in mine. The ticket with break-in is to run 1000 rounds through it before cleaning and then another 1000 rounds before the second cleaning. That is what I was told and what I did. Performed flawlessly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.