close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kimber Warrior Meprolights going dim

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Carolinaboy, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    So I posted this on another forum and almost everyone said Kimber's CS would take care of me. So far they have. I have a Kimber Warrior with Meprolight Night sights on them. They are extremely faded as in I can barely even see them at low light. Actually can only tell their are night sights in complete darkness. I contacted the CS department today and got taken care of very quickly.

Meprolight does have a 10 year warranty on their product he said. But I found out my pistol was manufactured in 05' not 2010 like my LGS told me:mad2: .....not too surprised they lied though. I hate this gun shop but had to have the gun. My fault for not looking into that before calling.

So the CS rep said that I could ship it to them and they would have a gunsmith look at it and evaluate if they are worth warranty fix (i.e.-no obvious dings or marks that indicate a drop or user error...tool marks etc...) Because it has been less than 10years. So is it worth the $10 both ways for me to ship it to Kimber? I mean I literally can't see these things at all. Now I do know that now since I found out they are close to 7 years old now that they may just need replacing. So should I have them just look at them, and see if they need replacing? If they do have them replace them while they are there?

Advice?

What would you guys do?

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Up to you.

Personally I think I'm done with night sights. If they come on the gun, great, but no longer a necessity for me since I switch the rear to 10-8's

3. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Im telling you right now, Kimber will make an excuse! I personally agree with Quack. My HD and one of my ccw guns have a light attached. When you turn it on your night sights go back to white dots. Night sights dont help you see at night, only a flashlight will. So your left with low light where you can see an attacker, just not as good. Your odds to point shoot in a SD situation are 93% I say, replace em, but with something that will help you see better in the day like a front fiber optic

4. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
  5. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    More and more I've been thinking about it today I agree. I use this gun for more fun shooting than I do for CCW. I do use it as a night stand gun though. But my next purchase is gonna be a TLR-1 I have a buddy who is a Streamlight dealer.

I don't think I'm gonna sweat it. I need to think of some sight for it. Honestly they are fine right now, besides them not glowing

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted