1911 Firearm Addicts banner
201 - 220 of 225 Posts

· Registered
3,138 Posts

· Registered
9,872 Posts
Their rude folks with customer service are one of the main reasons that I refuse to spend another dollar with them. Had a bad series of experiences....they were perfectly fine with leaving me hanging. Fukk'em. Got rid of the piece of shyt (good looking piece of shyt, though......extremely well marketed good looking piece of shyt).

They could have taken the gun I had....polished it up nice, neat & shiny and then shoved it up their arses. Plastic parts and all.

Now....I'm a sample size of one guy....with one shytty experience. Their rude dickheadedness was enough to turn me away for good. Irrational response on my part....perhaps.....but they pissed me off royally. They were perfectly happy with that, too.

Not another dollar outa my hard-earned fun money. Bitches can kiss my arse.

This was a while back.

Their current management and staffing may be much improved and on par with other gun companies. I wouldn't know.

They made a good looking gun...but appearance was where the goodness ended with my Kimber experience.

Their guns still look good today. Their marketing draws in a pile of non-typical 1911 customers. If my gun had worked half as slick as their magazine adds.....bow howdy, I'd have been onto something great.

My Springfields have been hit or miss on the triggers....but at least they are pleasant to deal with and don't quibble over getting things right for you.

So far, so good with the Dan Wesson line. Each one I've bought has been super. The internals work and feel excellent. Triggers, sights, fitment and finishing are perfect. Break-ins are going the way one could expect for a gun made with close tolerances and no slop.
just to add a little to dubs great post-- Kimber Cs=total bs. 1 year "warranty" and even if they take the gun back, they usually want $$ just to look at it. then they ship the gun back with NOTHING done to it and claim it is fixed.

No thanks. plenty of gun makers do a LOT better servicing their customers.

a few are like Kimber and deserve the rep they earned

· Registered
2,041 Posts
Anyone with experience with Kimbers in 10mm, there's so many sub $800 dollar Custom 2 GFOS in 10mm on Gunbroker I'm tempted because my GFO in 45 has been shot good gun but 10 presents a different animal for feeding. I don't think there's many other 10mm in that price range except a Rock Island.
Mine runs good, and is very accurate. Have 170 rnds thru it with no issues. The sooped up Buffalo Bore 10mm is expensive, so only ran 20rnds of that thru her so far. But she loved them..and wanted more.. :) .

· Registered
52 Posts
I own a Kimber Stainless II. No issues. It’s a shooter. When I carry a 45ACP I carry a G…..

Anyway, no issues.

Reactions: Lisa93

· Registered
58 Posts
I think the biggest reason for the hate on Kimbers was the external extractor. They had a lot of problems when they started using them. So much so they eventually went back to the internal extractor and ditched the external Glock style extractor altogether.
At one point you could even send your gun in and they would replace the slide for free iirc. Although I don’t think the full size guns were affected from it as much.
My TLE had no trouble from the external extractor. I actually kinda like the looks of it also 🤷🏻‍♂️
After some research from seeing a lot of complaints, I learned that most problems were solved by the Wolff extra power extractor springs. I went ahead and purchased a pack but never had to use them. I purchased that gun in the early 2000’s and just recently sold it to fund some more of the addiction. I already miss it as it was my first 1911. Sentimental value I guess🤷🏻‍♂️
As for the Swartz safety, I never had any trouble with mine at all. Never a timing issue, never had any trouble reassembling the gun or breaking off the little pin assembling the gun🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s the only one I’ve ever owned and from that experience I can only speak good of them. Highly accurate and very smooth action also.

· Registered
41 Posts
I've owned a Kimber Stainless Custom II and an Aegis Elite Custom in 45 ACP. Both guns performed just fine for me.

Internet forums tend to be echo chambers. People parrot what they hear and sometimes exaggerate and over generalize. The bad things you hear about Kimber are mostly exaggerations, just as are some of the amazing things you hear about some of the semi-custom builders :jawdrop:
That's for darned sure. I've got a couple Kimbers, full size and compact, and maybe it's my crude shooting ability, but if you blindfolded me, I couldn't if I was shooting my 5" Kimber or my high dollar Wilson Combat.

· The Tinker
4,773 Posts
Well, my poor Kimber just quietly performs his nightstand duties without complaint. He gets takin' out for practice/training/function testing, but that's about it. When I pull it out I'm like 'oh yea, I need to finish blending that GS. But I've been saying that for years. Old Faithful. (y)

Calipers Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry Trigger

· Registered
232 Posts
I do not hate Kimber, but I will readily admit Kimber is not my first choice. I avoid the Series II pistols, pistols with the external extractor, and anything with a slide shorter than five inches. I do like Kimber pistols that have been customized as the roll mark tends to depress sale prices compared to the same features by the same smith on a Colt or SA. One of my favorite 1911 pistols started life as a Kimber Warrior. The only Kimber parts left are the slide, frame, and barrel with literally every other part replaced by high-quality parts from EGW, Wilson, and others.

· The Tinker
4,773 Posts
I do not hate Kimber, but I will readily admit Kimber is not my first choice. I avoid the Series II pistols, pistols with the external extractor, and anything with a slide shorter than five inches. I do like Kimber pistols that have been customized as the roll mark tends to depress sale prices compared to the same features by the same smith on a Colt or SA. One of my favorite 1911 pistols started life as a Kimber Warrior. The only Kimber parts left are the slide, frame, and barrel with literally every other part replaced by high-quality parts from EGW, Wilson, and others.
My Kimber (pictured above) is like you describe. I kept the frame and slide, adjusted them to my liking, and then built it the way I wanted it. That was probably about 18-19 years ago. Still runs strong. I occasionally get comments like 'oh, it's a Kimber'. I just smile, mentally throw the commentor into my mental trash heap, and go back to whatever I was doing. :LOL:

201 - 220 of 225 Posts