1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
So soon old, so late smart...
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A gentleman posted a Kimber Super Carry Pro for sale in another thread and it reminded me of a project I've thought about off and on for some time. I did some research on this over time but didn't find anything conclusive one way or the other. So I thought I'd ask this august group....

Kimber used to make several of their pistols in a "Compact" size, with a 4 inch barrel on an Officer-size frame. Sort of a CCO but with a 4 inch barrel rather than 4.25. However, they never make a "compact" in the Super Carry line. They did offer an "Ultra" with an officer frame with a 3 inch barrel, and they made the aforementioned Pro, with a full-size bobtail grip and a 4 inch barrel.

So would it be possible to swap the 4 inch upper end (slide, barrel and the works) from the Pro onto the officer frame of the Ultra? It seems to me that it would work, but I may be missing something. Let me know what y'all think!

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, Shadow Hawk, G21 and 19X
7,625 Posts
I’d bet you probably could. Seems like I’ve seen that somewhere before. Be a cool option.

Reactions: joepilot

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
A gentleman posted a Kimber Super Carry Pro for sale in another thread and it reminded me of a project I've thought about off and on for some time. I did some research on this over time but didn't find anything conclusive one way or the other. So I thought I'd ask this august group....

Kimber used to make several of their pistols in a "Compact" size, with a 4 inch barrel on an Officer-size frame. Sort of a CCO but with a 4 inch barrel rather than 4.25. However, they never make a "compact" in the Super Carry line. They did offer an "Ultra" with an officer frame with a 3 inch barrel, and they made the aforementioned Pro, with a full-size bobtail grip and a 4 inch barrel.

So would it be possible to swap the 4 inch upper end (slide, barrel and the works) from the Pro onto the officer frame of the Ultra? It seems to me that it would work, but I may be missing something. Let me know what y'all think!

Thanks!!
I believe that the frame on the Ultra would be to short to overlap with the dustcover on the 4” slide. In that case, you’d have a gap between the front end of the frame and the rear edge of the dustcover on the slide.

·
So soon old, so late smart...
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe that the frame on the Ultra would be to short to overlap with the dustcover on the 4” slide. In that case, you’d have a gap between the front end of the frame and the rear edge of the dustcover on the slide.
In comparing photos of the two pistols, it appears that the frames are the same length. At least as far as I can tell in the photos. I've not compared them in person, but it appears that this wouldn't be an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts