1911 Firearm Addicts banner
81 - 81 of 81 Posts
My EDC, custom Ruger Lightweight Commander: Barnes .45ACP 185 gr. TAC-XPD, 8+1 rounds in a Tripp Cobra magazine + 1 extra mag of the same. Why? Availability; I would have chosen Speer Gold Dot 200 gr. +P if I could have found sufficient quantities at a reasonable price during the height of the 2020 Pandemic and associated ammo supply crunch when the pistol‘s custom work was completed.

My nightstand pistol, Sig M18: Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr. FTX 9mm, 21+1 rounds in factory magazine. Why? Availability when I purchased the pistol. The LGS where I bought the M18 had just got a shipment from Hornady the day I picked-up the pistol and the store manager gave me a deal - for the times - on the CD. I would have chosen Barnes TAC-XPD 115 gr. +P if I could have found sufficient quantities at a reasonable price during the height of the 2020 Pandemic and associated ammo supply crunch when I purchased the pistol.

81 - 81 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.