1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been searching the web and this forum. Haven't had luck. I'm searching for a otw leather holster that covers the whole slide/barrel. Like for it to be closed at the end also. Carry in the woods, camping. Possibly open carry or unbuttoned shirt covering more likely. I already own a high quality thick brown leather gun belt. Hopefully one or more of you could steer me in the right direction. It can't be plastic. It has to be very well made and high quality. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Attachments

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed them, thanks. Like their stuff.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
50 Posts
I find a 6 inch gun cumbersome to carry on the belt. Lot of barrel hanging down and it’s a long pull to draw. Have you considered a chest rig? Double Diamond Leather in Alaska would be one to look at. Haven’t tried a cross draw holster on a 6 inch gun but have always thought that might work.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Give Simply Rugged Leather a look, He has quality stuff, all hand made. He has catalogue stuff and he makes custom. Look at his chest rig if you carry in bear country. Rob is a great guy to work with.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I find a 6 inch gun cumbersome to carry on the belt. Lot of barrel hanging down and it’s a long pull to draw. Have you considered a chest rig? Double Diamond Leather in Alaska would be one to look at. Haven’t tried a cross draw holster on a 6 inch gun but have always thought that might work.
No I haven't considered it. But I am going to consider that for sure.

Plus one on Ryan Grizzle, my favorite holster maker and he’s a great guy to work with
Thanks I'm going to check him out.

Give Simply Rugged Leather a look, He has quality stuff, all hand made. He has catalogue stuff and he makes custom. Look at his chest rig if you carry in bear country. Rob is a great guy to work with.
I'm going to check out this guy also.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts