1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Premium Member
But NOT 3000 dollars cool.
Idk, I have an uncle that served in Korea. With a little provenance and for the right person, they could be $3K cool. I can just imagine them being hand made in theater, then carried. Oh the adventures they may have seen. Probably not, but the stories that come to mind when I look at those, fiction or not, makes me want to go write a book. I can see why to spend $35 on them for sure, I would have had I seen them first.

Nice snag. (y)

Premium Member
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
IMHO you'd have to be REALLY nostalgic or if a relative had their name on the back to spend that kind of money.
YMMV

Reactions: Karl Beining

KGB Customs LLC
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Idk, I have an uncle that served in Korea. With a little provenance and for the right person, they could be $3K cool. I can just imagine them being hand made in theater, then carried. Oh the adventures they may have seen. Probably not, but the stories that come to mind when I look at those, fiction or not, makes me want to go write a book. I can see why to spend $35 on them for sure, I would have had I seen them first.

Nice snag. (y)
Well, I ended up paying more than the 35 I tried to bid, but alas, I ain't mad with where they ended up. I would tell you they were made in Asia, likely in theater or thereabouts, they have some miles on them since the inlays were done. Wood base is super light

Premium Member
Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
IMHO you'd have to be REALLY nostalgic or if a relative had their name on the back to spend that kind of money.
YMMV
Well, I agree $3K is exorbitant, but you get the point, right? Dad, brother, whatever..... it was no picnic back in those days. I can see a pair of grips like that as a prized possession, both at the time and now, despite the "low level" of inherent value. 70 years old if they truly were made as dated, one of a kind pair. Just as a bookmark to history they're almost a relic, or will be one day, let alone cool factor.

Ok, going back to work now instead of Friday afternoon 1911 day dreams.

Premium Member
Having spent many years in the land of the sliding doors, I would presume that wood to be something on the order of balsa, or very young pine. As they are dated '52, the Japanese had not left a lot of standing trees when they left the country before the war started in '50

My wife (Korean)and I bought some black lacquer furniture in the late '80s and still have it. It sits in the corner and collects dust. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
I must be missing something? Unless somebody else bid $3034 you would have never paid the $3035? You could bid $10,000 yet final price would only be a tad higher than the second highest bid? If bids were only up to $20 and you bid $10,000 you鈥檇 win at $20.01.
They are nice grips. I like the inlays.

Premium Member
So now read the book about The Frozen Chosin and you will appreciate those grips more. Karl, if you don鈥檛 have that book let me know and I鈥檒l loan you mine to read. It will make you more appreciative of that generation (I know from your previous posts you are already very appreciative).
Les

KGB Customs LLC
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I must be missing something? Unless somebody else bid $3034 you would have never paid the $3035? You could bid $10,000 yet final price would only be a tad higher than the second highest bid? If bids were only up to $20 and you bid $10,000 you鈥檇 win at $20.01.
They are nice grips. I like the inlays.
Right, I bid $3035, and got bid up a little but still way under my accidental bid

Reactions: 7.62
1 - 19 of 19 Posts