1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got two Kriss Vector Gen 2 Carbines that I got here on the forum, a 9mm and a .45. When I got the 9mm a couple of years ago it came with a spare folding stock. The previous owner had never tried to install it. I looked online briefly about it and it looked like it required an adapter so I left it the case and didn't give it anymore thought and the gun pretty much stayed in the safe. Then last summer a deal came along for the .45 and since my house gun is a G21 and they can share mags I grabbed it.

Now there's a new gun shop nearby and a friend had good luck there putting a few guns on consignment. I decided I'd take the 9mm Vector and a couple of handguns over there and see if he can turn them into cash to support another addiction. When I got the case for the Kriss out there was the folding stock that I'd all but forgotten about. I looked real close at the gun, looked at the stock, put two and two and 7.138 together and grabbed the .45 Kriss that I'm keeping and looked it over. Turns out the interwebs are full of sh!t, the stock is held on by a spring secured pin and a wedge/hook thing. Take out the pin, twist the stock to the left a little and it pulls right off. The folding stock attaches in the same spot with the same pin, which is wear it hinges, and the hook/wedge thing snaps into the same spot except it has a button that you can push to release it and fold the stock against the right side of the gun. The stock and the receiver have matching hooks to hold it in place. The stock is designed to clear everything so the gun can be fired with it folded or extended. Super slick, and what do you know, super easy!

With all of the crazy stuff starting and the grocery store issues I have concerns about keeping things secure on the farm. I'm setting up 'grab and go' guns that are handy, easy for everyone in the family to shoot/use, and have an intimidating appearance. This mod to the Vector just made it a much better choice to fill that need. I've also ordered a folding stock adapter for the new Scorpion EVO, it's going in a pack and will be going behind the seat whenever I'm out and about. As much as I believe all the hype and propaganda are bullshit there's no denying the environment all of the media BS has created. The potential is there for things to get ugly in the very near future. Those of us that haven't bought into all of it are having our hands forced because of the behavior of the masses that have. Be prepared, stay vigilant.

When I got it-

Now-

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,980 Posts
My nephew has one in 10mm, he likes it, says it’s accurate.

Reactions: WC145 and Kip

·
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My nephew has one in 10mm, he likes it, says it’s accurate.
I think a 10mm would be great, lots more whack than the .45, more fitting for the size and bulk of the gun. Bet it's lots of fun to shoot!

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have a friend that has one. They are very nice and very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nice weapons. Too expensive for my taste though.
Hang around here for a while and it won't be long before your "cheap to expensive curve" is permanently skewed. It kills me to spend $30 on a pair of jeans but I can look at a $2500 pistol and see a bargain. That's why it's the 1911 addicts forum and not the Guys that only buy reasonably priced guns under $500 forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts