1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Carry Bevel LTT 92 to add to my growing collection. I first bought a regular LTT 92 when they were first announced, then a Compact too. On each version they outdid themselves from the last time.

I have carried appendix since ~2004 due to a shoulder injury. I have come to appreciate a pistol with a hammer, especially a DA/SA as if I were holstering and felt the hammer move, I would have a clear red-flag something is wrong and to stop. Just not something I can get otherwise so is why I've almost entirely changed my carry pistol.

I was never a Beretta fan but the work/improvements LTT has helped introduce has really worked well for me.

The trigger work on any LTT is really good; my first LTT was just the trigger job. Compact got the OP trigger bar, and now I got the OP bar and NP3 treatment. The trigger is just so smooth and the reset is crazy good. I plan to buy a trigger gauge but would imagine 7-8 in DA and 3.5-4.5 in SA.

I was going to get the carry bevel on my very first order but talked myself out of it. I eventually caved as I have an issue of getting my thumb sliced open by the slide so figured the bevel might help. It's too early to tell but does seem to be helping some.

Accuracy is extremely good. I've never felt a Beretta with as tight of a lockup as my recent pistol. I am able to get headshots in DA out to the range max ~60ft with any of my LTT's.

One thing I am noticing is spending more time with a longer and heavier trigger, compared to striker/1911's, is my trigger control is improving since I cannot get as sloppy.

Reliability to date has been solid. The only issue I have had is some light strikes when using the 11lb spring. I knew that was likely and is why I'm only running that in my range setup. Running the default 13lb in my carry rotation and have not had issues in a combined 4,000 rounds.

Overall, whether a regular LTT or a full bevel model, I would have no hesitation suggesting one; be it for range or personal protection.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Very nice! I have never liked DA/SAs much and sold my sigs and HKs off. I obtained a WC Centurion recently and am acquiring a 92fs this week that I plan on sending them. I have heard good things about Langdon, maybe I should look into sending that one to them if they do al a carte work

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too have the WC Centurion. WC did a really nice job on their Beretta work too. The only thing mine is lacking is a good bevel. The frame has some sharp edges on the grip tang so might get it reworked some day.

I think LTT does limited al a carte stuff. So if you send them anything it shouldn't disappoint.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Just looked at their site, that NP3 trigger job might be just the ticket I’m looking for. Since you have both, how does it compare to the action tune? Thanks!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The WC action tune is not bad. I am not sure what spring weight they run to be fair. I think the base LTT trigger job is better but not night and day.

But the LTT with NP3 and OP trigger bar is much, much better than my WC tune. If you were getting the work, I'd go LTT with that combo.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thank you for the great write up! This gun is high on my list and I have some questions, maybe you can help me.

Are Langdon upgraded LTT Guns website ordered-only guns? A dealer offered to pull an upgraded $1164 gun from his distributor (not from Langdon) last week and sell it for $900. That sounded like a standard model selling price. He was convinced he was right but he couldn’t convince me that they’d been upgraded by Langdon, so he didn’t get the order.

What areas on the gun do you notice the Carry Bevel option the most? Is the bevel all over including small parts or isolated?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Thank you so much for the feedback and advice @John Ryder! I do not know a lot about the platform but it appears to be another rabbit hole I am headed down... will definitely think about getting the trigger work you suggested on #2. Thanks again and congrats on that fine looking shooter!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@dash

I've seen dealers stocking them so not only online orders. 1-2 times a year LTT runs deals, like for my first one, I got a free trigger job so the price was 999. The local dealers I've seen where around $900-950 so would say that is a base model. Not impossible old stock but would say it's a base model for that price.

The frame and slide have lots of subtle edges broken. Even holding my compact to the FS bevel, the grip tag is noticeably softer. I'll try to compare the small parts more tomorrow but seems to be less evident on those parts.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
@John Ryder the deal for a 92fs fell through so I decided to scrap my idea all together and just order a full size LTT with the NP3 and trigger bar. Also added the NP3 magwell. Getting my WC centurion back this week with the action tune and WC bar so it will be interesting to compare the two, looking forward to it! When i called they said they have been real busy lately so these apparently are getting very popular

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@JM44 Sounds like a perfect setup. Did you mean NP3 on the magazines, or are they offering some magwell setup? I'd also suggest getting some spare mainsprings, a 11lb makes a really nice range setup if you're willing to accept some light strikes.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Thanks for the review and recommendation @John Ryder. I haven’t been this excited for a non 1911 handgun in while. A guy at my range was carrying one today and raving about it, he was jealous When i told him i just ordered an NP3 one.

I was just referring to the Wilson mag guide that they offer in NP3. I like it on my centurion app I was happy to see they offered it in the NP3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts