Langdon Tactical LTT Elite w/Trigger Job

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by tgoldie00, Mar 6, 2019.

1. tgoldie00

tgoldie00 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Usually I start with a long review and follow with pics...but alas pic first this time...as there really isn’t too much to say about this pistol.

Simply stated, it’s an amazing Beretta 92 in every possible way. Many reviews exist, and I haven’t seen one that’s wrong. It has nearly no recoil, it’s shoots flat (not SUPER flat like my DW Valor in 9mm, but damn close). Feels good in the hand, the frame work is in all of the right places, the trigger job is not the lightest 92 like the WIlson job, but it is NOTABLY smoother in the DA pull - no felt transitions of ANY kind and a break in very nearly the same place as SA. The slide to frame fit on my copy is near perfect. Nearly no movement at all even when locked back. The slide articulation is literally like it’s on ball bearings.

At a package price somewhat comparable to the Wilson series of the same feature set (with night sights they are perhaps $150 apart tops) I think the LTT is a better value personally. I chose to leave the meatball sights off of the pistol and stick with the more precision oriented fiber optics (default option) and they function precisely as advertised. So...my copy came in well under comparable Wilson models with trigger work at $1164 shipped, +a little for the spare gray VZ grips (wanted more to match the barrel/trigger).

Anyone on the fence here should go for it. I had a WIlson Centurion (no trigger job) and have shot both other Centurions and Brig-Tacs with trigger jobs, so I am very familiar. I regretted selling my Centurion and honestly may loop back eventually, but this LTT is every bit the pistol Wilson is cranking out if not more!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Raylan Givens and Journeyman1234 like this.
  2. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
    Plus Ernest Langdon is cool as hell.

And Bill Wilson has enough money :D

Raylan Givens and tgoldie00 like this.

3. chandlerKJ

chandlerKJ Active Member Supporting Addict

Jan 30, 2019
    Great to see this post. I want to pick up a semi custom 92 series and I am torn between the LTT and the Brig Tac or the LTT. Has anyone owned both? I briefly had a Wilson Centurion Tac and that had some REALLY funky machining. Like, I am not sure how it made it out of QA/QC.

The sad part is, when asked, Wilson kicked the ball to Beretta and Beretta kicked the ball to Wilson. In the end, no one wanted to stand behind the gun. Yikes.

I am leaning towards the LTT but I just can't STAND FS. Silly, I know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  4. tgoldie00

Jan 9, 2018
    I didn't have the same issues on mine, but the LTT and the Wilson are warrantied by Beretta and are produced there (at least the base guns are). I can see Beretta getting in a bind over, say, trigger work and non-Beretta parts that are dropped in, but slide machining is a no-brainer to me.

I did the online registration with Beretta for both my Wilson (before I sold it) and my LTT, so there really should be no question they own the servicing given the ser# pulls the correct registraiton info when I registered. Hopefully, however, I won't have a problem that requires that level of help!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  5. chandlerKJ

Jan 30, 2019
    Beretta told me that the machining was within spec. Looks like a blacksmith from 1200 carved it to me.

6. tgoldie00

Jan 9, 2018
    gross.

7. chandlerKJ

Jan 30, 2019
    I agree. I dumped it ASAP.

tgoldie00 likes this.
  8. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    AD or BC? Lol...

The LTT is on my radar, OP. Thanks for posting this

tgoldie00 likes this.
  9. tgoldie00

Jan 9, 2018
    Point taken. The 1200 BC might have been better made....lol.

Raylan Givens likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted