1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Latest from Milks

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  bladeandbarrel 
#1 ·
So the UPS man just dropped this off about an hour ago, had a little time in between work e-mails to fondle and snap a few photos. This build has been a few years in the making, being in Kalifornia 9mm 1911's are a true PITA to obtain or even to build really - choices are C&R 9mm or 38 super, currently Kimber has one 9 and one 38 on roster here and Springfield has one 9 a target model. I picked up the springer as a base gun and I stripped it down to the frame, selling off everything but the frame. I sent the frame off to Jim Milks @ Innovative Custom Guns. What we discussed using / doing was a Kart barrel, Caspian naked slide, EGW internals and safeties. As the project progressed we decided on a two tone gun so he DLC'd the top end, my first experience with DLC and I have to say so far I really like the look and feel of it. The other discussion was sights, I really like @pistolwretch tier one sights so I reached out to Chuck, I begged, I pleaded, I promised him that I would have a first born some day and that they would come sweep his shop for free and finally he relented and sold me a set of his sights for the build. A couple of things to note about the sights, number one, I was very fortunate and Chuck made that crystal clear, this is not something he does regularly or plans to do regularly so please do not start e-mailing, calling and texting him for a set of sights. I think I wore out that welcome mat with my dozens of calls! Secondly although these are Chuck's sights, Jim did his own fitting, finishing and spin on them so their are differences between these and tier one sights that Chuck builds and installs on his builds.

What can I say after an hour of fondling, nice crisp trigger, feels like a short reset. Gun is very comfortable in my hand, sight picture is phenomenal of course. Barrel fit is tight, slide glides on rails and the slide to frame fit seems seamless. I am looking forward to getting this out to the range and seeing how it does.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hand Product Textile Wood Gesture

Food Ingredient Recipe Wood Tuber

Wood Bicycle handlebar Finger Line Red

Wood Metal String instrument Tool Carmine

Tire Automotive tire Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive lighting Wood Yellow Bumper

Food Outdoor furniture Chair Line Material property

Hand tool Tool Office supplies Gas Wood

Kitchen utensil Tool Wood Office supplies Brush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#10 ·
Good eyes, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: FWoo45 and Eric
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.