1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Blossoming Addict
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally decided to join the cult :cheers: I have had this trigger (10-8 performance) in my "junk" drawer for about a year, and every time I opened the drawer it would stare at me. Well this past weekend I decided there was no better time or way to enjoy the afternoon. About 2 hours later it was fitted, and I couldn't be happier. I look forward to fitting one of these for my other 1911's just for the enjoyment of doing it.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,144 Posts
I have a drop in flat k caspian trik trigger i dropped in my dw eco and I love it. I do wish it were adjustable, but just have to get by the little longer than normal pre-travel, and from there it is not bad...

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
I've been wanting to join for a while now. Need to get out the card and start shopping. Any recommendations? Or just check the usual suspects?

·
Blossoming Addict
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been wanting to join for a while now. Need to get out the card and start shopping. Any recommendations? Or just check the usual suspects?
Brownells has been running free shipping lately with no minimum and that’s where I got this 10-8 trigger from (over a year ago). Don’t know if they are still running that deal though.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
I’ve used the 10-8 flat trigger in a couple of build and the Wilson Ultra Light Flat Trigger in a couple. The Wilson unit is superior in fit and finish.

·
Cogito ergo armatus sum
1,934 Posts
Does anyone sell a black flat trigger?

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
Does anyone sell a black flat trigger?
I don’t believe so. You would file of some or the coating during the fitting process also.

It is best to buy what every trigger you want fit it. Then beg one of your local smiths that do DLC, Cerakote or some other black coating to add your trigger in with of if their batches for a small fee.

·
Cogito ergo armatus sum
1,934 Posts
I don’t believe so. You would file of some or the coating during the fitting process also.

It is best to buy what every trigger you want fit it. Then beg one of your local smiths that do DLC, Cerakote or some other black coating to add your trigger in with of if their batches for a small fee.
Alrighty, I'll be having work done on my A2 Commander when it returns from warranty work, and it'll need refinishing as a result. I'll see if the trigger can be thrown in to be coated as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts