1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m glad they’re finally coming into the states in a few months.

Got mine ordered this week. It looks incredible. :cool:

Been tracking them for two years. Anyone else like them?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Not interested in a minor gun that's been banned for Optics too.

They are kind of DOA before ever stepping to the stage.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,199 Posts
Been following it since I first heard about it in mid 2018. Was hoping someone would distro them last year when it was supposed to be released in March.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,199 Posts
Wait... am I seeing a correct price of $6k for these? If so, fudgethatnoise. That's ridiculous.

Reactions: Lineman1982

·
Super Moderator
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wait... am I seeing a correct price of $6k for these? If so, fudgethatnoise. That's ridiculous.
Nah that doesn’t phase me. In fact, I’d rather a company charge more IF it’s reflected in a great product. It’s all relative. If it’s as good as I think it is, that will be a good value for everything you get.

It’s more like $5000, by the way.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,199 Posts
Nah that doesn’t phase me. In fact, I’d rather a company charge more IF it’s reflected in a great product. It’s all relative. If it’s as good as I think it is, that will be a good value for everything you get.

It’s more like $5000, by the way.
Please understand I'm not saying it's a bad buy- I've spent more than that on pistols as well. My stance was more along the lines it's not worth that much to me based on my own personal preferences. I can't imagine that it cost half that much outside the US, so most of that money is the rarity factor of an initial 500 count release and the importers upcharging like crazy. Maybe I'm wrong.
I'll eventually get one, but will wait another couple of years until they are more prevalent and economies of scale drop a production pistol down in price drastically. Plus, I don't like to buy first gen pistols.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I think it is awesome. Looks sweet, ergos similar to a CZ, and the videos I've seen look like it is an incredible shooter. Sadly the price is going to be what keeps me from buying one. If they wander down in the $2000-$2500 range in a few years, I may very well pick one up.

·
Super Moderator
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't see the price going anywhere. Sure, the standard pistol will be less than these packages, but I'd be shocked if they sell new in this country for less than $3500-$4000. That's if and when they're imported in that fashion. Its not a large production handgun and I'm not just talking about the first 500.

·
Super Moderator
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please understand I'm not saying it's a bad buy- I've spent more than that on pistols as well. My stance was more along the lines it's not worth that much to me based on my own personal preferences. I can't imagine that it cost half that much outside the US, so most of that money is the rarity factor of an initial 500 count release and the importers upcharging like crazy. Maybe I'm wrong.
I'll eventually get one, but will wait another couple of years until they are more prevalent and economies of scale drop a production pistol down in price drastically. Plus, I don't like to buy first gen pistols.
The price was set before the importer was even selected. Most Euro guns sell cheaper in Europe than they do here, but that's just the nature of it. I don't see the Alien getting any cheaper. Obviously, if just the pistol ever gets imported, it will be a bit less than this package price, but I really don't think much. It appears to be an expensive gun to produce.

The gun has been out for two years now. I'm not concerned about buying one of the first into the country.

·
Banned
824 Posts
Looks like a really sweet shooting gun, but the price isn't something I could ever afford to spend on one. Reminds me of the FK brno that came out a couple years ago. Really nice guns, but priced higher than a lot of people are comfortable paying for them.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I read something about them getting hot when you shoot. I hope they release them as regular production not just the 500.

·
Super Moderator
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,836 Posts
This was a pistol I was actually excited about... But, at the 6K mark, lol... No chance for me. I dont know if its worth 6K or not... In saying that, I have no issue paying 6K for a gat. Just not this one.

I rarely get excited about new guns in the market place... this is a prime example why. Limited production, insane prices, and well... I just dont see the sense in spending that kind of money unless its from a builder where I am picking and choosing every little detail of the gun I am buying.

Again, amazing concept, love nearly everything about it... but sadly, nope:(

Reactions: FWoo45
1 - 20 of 64 Posts