1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dislike having presentation grips and function grips. That’s why I’ve leaned toward the Harrison grips. They work well for me.

My 9mm Commander is nearing completion. Will be blued. High polish slide, less polished frame and high polished details/controls.

So, in addict fashion, I’m thinking I may need to address its grips for aesthetics. But for both looks and function.

So...keep the black carry groove grips on it?

Put traditional double diamonds with the Colt medallions?

Harrison grips I had coated in an ivory color?

Burl wood that I love that I had carry grooves cut into but I think they are going to stay on the DW?

OR...add Colt medallions (gold or silver) to the black Harrison grips?

Thanks in advance for all productive responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,927 Posts
Or get some mammoth with colt medallions! I personally really like how the black Harrison’s look on a blued colt and have some set up that way. I am also really digging those double diamonds as well. Unfortunately I am no help to you as I have MANY grips for each of my guns
Gun Firearm Trigger Ammunition Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I’m going to be in the minority but I’ve always been a sucker for the Colt double diamonds with the medallion.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I recommend Ahrends full checkered wood like on the Springfield Pro. Until I got my Pro, I also was using the Harrison grips, but the Ahrends grips were a revelation to me in terms of grippiness. And they look 10x better.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
I like the Harrisons and have had them on different guns. I think they look good and work good, too. I like nice cocobolo DDs as well as other looks and materials, just have to find something that fits the spirit of the gun. That's why so many of us have a pile of grips stashed away. I get a new gun and go through the grip until I find the right ones for it.

The Harrisons were perfect for this TRP.

I thought that the American holly worked well on this Colt until I snagged a vintage set of original sandblasted Colt Series 70 grips, they really bring out the retro vibe.

On a working Colt I like the old rubber 1991 grips, I think they look and work great. And they're inexpensive.

The Tussey Norinco arrived with these VZ knock offs on it. I'm generally not a fan of the starburst designs but the gray ones I had stashed away look great on it.

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
2,454 Posts
Skip checkering that Woodcaliber offers, I'm partial to wood grips.

I'm partial to your Alchemy........just saying......

Reactions: Whiten and WC145
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.