1. I like it

100.0%
  2. I don't like it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hotshot357

hotshot357 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2018
    I'm thinking of buying one. If you own one, do you love it or hate it.

2. daved20319

daved20319 Active Member

Jun 27, 2018
    I got mine with the intention of using it to swage a 5 gal. bucket full of crimped brass, but it's ended up becoming my primary pistol loading press, loading 9mm and .45 ACP. Compared to my Rockchucker, I can manage about 3 times the production rate, call it 3-400 rounds per hour. So far, it's been durable and reliable, despite the large amount of plastic. I do get the occasional upside down case in the case feeder, but it's not really a big deal. Do go with the Deluxe kit, and add the Lee Universal Case Feeder and Collator. Should still be around $100 total, and it would be a bargain at twice the price. And just in case I haven't been clear, I definitely love it :D! Later.

Dave

boatdoc and hotshot357 like this.

3. hotshot357

Oct 8, 2018
    Thanks to all that replied. I ordered one from Titan Reloading this morning. They are selling them for $75.29. also ordered the sizing dies and the 4 tube collator. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Dub likes this.
  4. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017
    You'll be the test pilot, it would seem.

I remember seeing some type of red bowl that fitS over the tubes. It holds your cases....& you wiggle the cases into the 4 tubes.

Quicker maybe than manual filling them.

Titan Reloading....super business & family run.

Looking forward to seeing your impressions once you get it.

hotshot357 likes this.
  5. hotshot357

Oct 8, 2018
    Yes I was watching a video yesterday that had the 4 tube feeder and the collator (red funnel) on top. He stated that "very few ended up the wrong way". I think that sounds better than "one at a time"!!! I'll definitely let you know more after it arrives possibly Saturday and I get it set up.

Dub likes this.
  6. hotshot357

Oct 8, 2018
    Well,it arrived Monday afternoon. I took it to the "man cave" and set it up.I was pleasantly surprised, this press is pretty well built.Will it last as long as my Dillons, probably not. But I'bet I'll get $75.29 worth of "good" out of it.The universal case feeder & collator works like a champ. I watched a you tube video and he said to take a penney sized object that has a small screw or stud in the middle and place in the hole in the middle of the 4 tubes and this will make the upside down cases almost non-existent. I tried it and I'll be damned, it worked!!!! I,m very satisfied with it.This press will make case prep a little more enjoyable. IMG_20200630_092135235.jpg IMG_20200630_092402295.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    boatdoc, HOGRIDER, UBOATDOC and 2 others like this.
  7. Dub

Mar 19, 2017
    Nice setup @hotshot357

A room to reload & plenty of space on the bench. Envious, here. :)

Thats cool you have the upside-down case issue resolved.

Let's say you've cranked through decapping your 9mm then went to decapping .223.....what is involved in making the changeover ?

livinthelife and hotshot357 like this.
  8. hotshot357

Oct 8, 2018
    I don't reload .223, yet LOL, but I think all you would have to do is raise the 4 tube feeder up to the proper height and change the shell holder. The universal decapping die will work on any cartridge up to .560 dia. & 3.125 long. You will probably have to change to the large hole on the universal case feeder also.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    Dub likes this.
  9. HOGRIDER

HOGRIDER Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2014
    hot:
    Got the case feeder and collator still in the box for the APP..........

Mind sharing a link to the video you mentioned?

Thanks!

:thumbs:

10. hotshot357

Oct 8, 2018
    It's on Youtube. The title is Lee Precision Tips and Tricks 9mm & 380 Case Brass Correlator by Papa's Place. I'm sorry I don't know how to obtain "link". There is a lot of other ideas on Youtube. He miss spelled collator so I wrote it down the way he spelled it. There is another good one by Not An Expert.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    HOGRIDER likes this.
  11. DMiller

DMiller Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Lee Precision is family owned/operated as well, second generation. Lee, Titan, and me. All in the same town.

CoalCracker. and hotshot357 like this.
  12. HOGRIDER

Dec 18, 2014
    Well, I found both of them thanks to your help! At this point, I'm thinking the PEX option as explained by Not An Expert seems to be very doable and might be the one I try first.

Thanks again!

:thumbs:

hotshot357 likes this.
  13. hotshot357

Oct 8, 2018
    I agree. I tried the "penny one" just because it didn't require a trip to Lowes. LOL

HOGRIDER likes this.
  14. HOGRIDER

Dec 18, 2014
    So, I'm taking it that after trying the "penny one" you weren't really sold on that modification?

;;)

hotshot357 likes this.
  15. hotshot357

Oct 8, 2018
    No, it works just fine. I even made one for .45 ACP using a smaller washer set up. I might try the Pex one later just to see if it's any better. If you try it and it doesn't work let me know.

HOGRIDER likes this.
  16. hotshot357

Oct 8, 2018
    The one with the plexiglass disk looks interesting also. Hell, who knows, I may try them all !!!!

Dub and HOGRIDER like this.
  17. Dub

Mar 19, 2017
  18. CoalCracker.

CoalCracker. Active Member

Jul 20, 2020
    I love mine. I just use it for decapping. I load on a lee turret for handgun. And a Lyman 8 station for rifle.

Dub and hotshot357 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted