1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Custom Pistolsmith
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stan Chen from Legacy Custom was kind enough to send me some new parts he is producing. Nick and I fit his new thumb safety to a Colt Nick is building. This one is the mid length paddle version in carbon steel. Stan has a great eye for ergonomics and this part shows it. The paddle has a gentle arch from the back to the front like a graceful fender on an Italian sports car. The paddle itself is .225 wide, there is a wide version as well as short and long in carbon and stainless to come. The block for sear contact is oversized as you would expect. It is also large in the down position stop cam point for custom tuning. The cross pin mikes out just shy of .155 the flat area is .100 thick, that's .040 thicker than a factory Colt which allows for plenty of custom shaping. I did increase the size of the bottom bevel to blend a little better with the large rear bevel. Nick trimmed the down lever cam to get the rear radius to match the arch of the Colt frame at the grip safety. A very well made part from barstock. I also have a few grip safeties which I'll work with in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Good looking part and glad for the oversize for fitting they way you like it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts