1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got straight cracked hooked to 2011s after my first 1000 rounds through an older, but barley shot DVC Carry. I am really interested in running a USPSA competition near my home town next month and wanted to know if 1. the DVC would be legal for USPSA Limited division if I can fight this addiction? 2. Would an STI DVC Tactical with the threaded barrel I've got my eye on be legal for limited as well?

I'm really hoping several people on this forum tell me the DVC Tactical would be legal so I can go ahead and justify the purchase because of course, I should also need a threaded barrel STI to match my carry gun manual of arms to throw my 9mm suppressor on for home defense (my wife is pretty cool but I'll take any brownie points I can take to justify my newest addiction). And always De oppresso liber!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are pretty much only (3) things you CANT have in limited.. NO optics, no comps no mags over ~140mm.. other than those, pretty much anything goes.. you must use minimum .40 bullet to shoot Major.
View attachment 369491
Sounds good thanks for the response. That is how I understood the rules on the first read, but being new to USPSA I didn't want to assume anything.

With that said would anyone recommend a DVC Tactical for Limited? Found one with ora low round count for $2400 with taxes paid and shipping included. I understand STI makes a limited specific gun but I would like a 2011 that can pull additional duties as a night stand gun with a can and light attached.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I think everyone here knows I’m a STI fan. But for the price you’re talking about I think you should spend a little more and step up to a CK Arms. Shooters Connection has a DLC, bushing barrel, railed frame, short dust cover, butler cut, .40 for $2900 on their website and GB. You’re going to get a lot more for your money with that CK especially since that Tactical originally retailed MSRP $1999. I bet if you called them Monday you can talk them down $100. Even if you can’t it’s a good deal and I think you’ll be happier overall with your purchase.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/838888070

https://www.shootersconnectionstore...Gun-40-SW-Classic-Light-Rail-Black-P4671.aspx

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Reread your post. If it is a DVC-Tactical or Limited (thought it was a standard Tactical) the gap is closer between the CK. I still think you’re going to get more bang for your buck (pun intended) out of the CK at that price.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Decided to go a completely different route, got a barely shot Costa Comp Carry sans the goofy logo for a decent price, guess I'll just run open and get beat even worse. Still going to run limited with the DVC C for giggles as well. Now if only I can figure out how to adjust the property book so I can take one on a deployment. That would truly be giggle worthy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Decided to go a completely different route, got a barely shot Costa Comp Carry sans the goofy logo for a decent price, guess I'll just run open and get beat even worse. Still going to run limited with the DVC C for giggles as well. Now if only I can figure out how to adjust the property book so I can take one on a deployment. That would truly be giggle worthy.
How is the competing with the costa going? What holster set up are you running?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ran it tonight for the first time. Red Hill Tactical holster, crappy Glock kydex mag carry I nodded to work with STI mags. Gun ran great, shoot super flat with 9mm 124 NATO ball. I shot it alright, I need more work. 9mm NATO ball seems to be it's favorite ammo, regular 9mm 115 and 124 don't always cycle the gun well and I end up with stove pipes.

Planning on running about 2000 rounds through it this coming month and two more USPSA matches. Eventually going to add a Wilson extended slide release, oversized mag release, Atlas safety, surefire light and Long Shadow holster, belt and mag carriers and then red dot most likely in that order. Plus 1000+ rounds a month tell I stop getting misses and no shoot hits lol.

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
Ran it tonight for the first time. Red Hill Tactical holster, crappy Glock kydex mag carry I nodded to work with STI mags. Gun ran great, shoot super flat with 9mm 124 NATO ball. I shot it alright, I need more work. 9mm NATO ball seems to be it's favorite ammo, regular 9mm 115 and 124 don't always cycle the gun well and I end up with stove pipes.

Planning on running about 2000 rounds through it this coming month and two more USPSA matches. Eventually going to add a Wilson extended slide release, oversized mag release, Atlas safety, surefire light and Long Shadow holster, belt and mag carriers and then red dot most likely in that order. Plus 1000+ rounds a month tell I stop getting misses and no shoot hits lol.
Stove pipes on full power ammo? Something is amiss here. Happening with all mags? Only issue I've had with mine are some light strikes with hard primers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not something that should come into play in USPSA, especially with a double stack in Open where you can have a 170mm "Big Stick."
Avoiding the slide lock reload and especially the standing reload is a big part of USPSA technique.
I agree, I just want one for running normal tactical drills so I won't have to break my right hand grip.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stove pipes on full power ammo? Something is amiss here. Happening with all mags? Only issue I've had with mine are some light strikes with hard primers.
It's common with loads such as 115 grain 300ish ft pounds of energy stuff, anything I've shot with 350 ft pounds of energy or better I have no issues. Doesn't appear to be a magazine issue.

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
It's common with loads such as 115 grain 300ish ft pounds of energy stuff, anything I've shot with 350 ft pounds of energy or better I have no issues. Doesn't appear to be a magazine issue.
Hmmm....115 is all I ever really shoot in mine. Never seen that issue. Mine must have been built on Sunday and been blessed. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmmm....115 is all I ever really shoot in mine. Never seen that issue. Mine must have been built on Sunday and been blessed. :)
Wonder what your typical round count is for a day at the range with your CCC.

I'm not typically running into failures tell 400ish rounds of a my typical 750 round sessions. I can usually pick the 50 round box I'll start having failures at the start of reach day with regular power 115 ball. A field cleaning fixes it but with +p 124 or NATO loads I've pushed to 800 in a day without issue. I've got 4000 rounds through the gun in the last three months and this "issue" is like clock work and now you got me wondering if my guide rod springs replacement/tuning.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.