Legitimate Residents of "CHOP" Sue Seattle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cop_Out, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    FNFAN, Greg45acp, Uncle Bob and 27 others like this.
  2. Renegade4006

Renegade4006 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2018
    I'm glad to see them doing this but unfortunately I have doubts that it will amount to anything. The government and law enforcement of that area have helped create a situation that only reinforces the "antifa" agenda.

FrankG and Rizzo like this.

3. Brennerman

Brennerman Active Member

May 12, 2020
    It is good to see the lawsuit, but I doubt it will fruitful. Since the police do not have a legal obligation to defend the public.

PeterNSteinmetz, Dub and Rizzo like this.
  4. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    They got what they voted for . Elections have consequences . I do hope they have learned from this experience . But , I don't think a law suit will go anywhere .

djc, Greg45acp, Glock2740 and 8 others like this.
  5. SVG

SVG Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    The best vote is with your feet.

AGENT P and IndyExit like this.
  6. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Everyone says that but they voted for that crap and when they vote with their feet they take those moronic ideals with them. I say stay and enjoy what you created!!!

7. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    I hesitate to type this, but washington license plates are absolutely invading my state. Home prices are up 20% with another 20% increase predicted. Mt is a large state with still around a million residents, so plenty of room. But they'll all crowd into to the ever left leaning western edge. And bring their dumb assed politics and agendas with them. I realize I just painted with the broad brush I spoke of the other day, but dang I hate witnessing the influx. Stay where you're at and embrace what your liberal policies have brought, then work to undo the fruits of your previous voting.

8. SVG

SVG Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    My statement was for the freedom loving people in blue states. Behind enemy lines if you will.
    There are some out there. I was one of them.

But you're right about some bringing the plague with them. I agree they should reap what they've sown.

ILED93 and Babboonbobo like this.
  9. wheresnick

wheresnick Member

Jul 29, 2019
    Some years ago, I was talking with a resident of a small town in Idaho. A couple from California had been in town looking at property. The woman asked about the orchestra, symphony, etc., when told the nearest shopping center was 60-80 miles away, told her husband “Get in the car, we’re leaving.”

I was told they went back to California, raising the IQ level of both states. (A line I have loved and used several times.)

10. handforged

handforged Limestone Canyon Leather and Tool Supporting Addict Sponsor

May 19, 2020
    Yes they are and buying up property like candy. On my mountain in the last year there have been several from washington looking to get out of the state they are in. As I am the only full time resident here, I try to give them the rundown and at the same time inform them. No on can move in on me but having people up here just grates my nerves. I tell them "you're not in Seattle here, here we do whatever we want, when we want and if you're not hip to that you best go back".

11. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
  12. handforged

handforged Limestone Canyon Leather and Tool Supporting Addict Sponsor

May 19, 2020
    I would also like to know why it took them so long to do this? I imagine that when it all first started they cheered and praised those people. Supported them and helped them. Most likely after realizing that it was going to cost them their livelihood or LIFE is when the rub started to happen. Like most things of this nature, they always WANT it to begin with. Then when they have what they wanted, they realize the harm and don't want it anymore. The problem these people will have is who to sue? The city? The Governor, The mayor? The Chop leaders? The lesser are just a bunch of dirt hippies.

13. Jim w.

Jim w. Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Similar anecdote here. When it was planned to put in a rocket motor plant at the mothballed TVA nuclear plant site, Yellow Creek, Mississippi, a lot of people immigrated from Utah and California. One "West Coast Yankee" family came to nearby Corinth, MS, population 14000, quickly decided that was not urban enough for them, looked at a map and said "Let's try this Eyeoohkah (Iuka, MS, pop 3000) place. They quickly motored on to Florence AL and settled, even though about 60 miles from the job site.
    All for naught, Sen. Orrin Hatch said "you are not grabbing MY rocket motor plant" and the project folded. Some of the imports found other work and stayed, others returned to their idea of civilization.

Mikey00130 likes this.
  14. Brennerman

Brennerman Active Member

May 12, 2020
    PeterNSteinmetz likes this.
  15. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017
    Im sure it's pertaining to an area of statutorily mandated protection, rather than a general duty to protect. I'm not familiar with Washington's laws, but given the circumstances inside CHOP I'd bet it's related to domestic violence, or an endangered person.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  16. Badabing11

Badabing11 I gotta have more cowbell

Sep 6, 2015
    Hopefully it's the people who didn't vote for that leftist agenda that are moving into Montana.

For those who suggest moving with their feet, the concept is solid, but the reality is it takes a lot of money. I don't have a lot of money. All I can do is vote, which seems futile in my homestate of wuthefukistan.

switchback and SVG like this.
  17. SVG

SVG Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    It certainly takes a little dough to pull it off comfortably but it can be done many ways. Just depends how bad one wants it.

18. Badabing11

Badabing11 I gotta have more cowbell

Sep 6, 2015
    It's more than "a little dough" for the average American wage.

switchback likes this.
  19. Brennerman

Brennerman Active Member

May 12, 2020
    The link I attached was about the parkland school shootings, in Florida. Where a cop hide while kids were being killed.Dismissed by a Federal judge. This shows that police have no legal obligation to protect. . The only job the cops have is enforcement of the law. And protection is only when you are in their custody. Not sure what Washington state has to do with that

20. Cop_Out

Feb 3, 2017

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted