1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow addicts. Mrs and I are in discussion to move closer to our son, his wife and a brand new grandbaby. We are looking in the Lancaster area but nothing set in stone as yet. One question—do any of the former LEO types here have any insight into how PA deals with LEOSA qualifications?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Greetings fellow addicts. Mrs and I are in discussion to move closer to our son, his wife and a brand new grandbaby. We are looking in the Lancaster area but nothing set in stone as yet. One question—do any of the former LEO types here have any insight into how PA deals with LEOSA qualifications?
I always thought you had to qualify with whatever jurisdiction gave you your creds. Didn’t know states had anything to do with it.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
You can either qualify in your current home state to the Police Officer qualification standards, of go to your home department and get qualified through them. Here in Arizona there is also a line for NRA instructor qualifying with AZPOST test. (Arizona police officer standard training). I go to my local PD, each year and qualify.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
You can either qualify in your current home state to the Police Officer qualification standards, of go to your home department and get qualified through them. Here in Arizona there is also a line for NRA instructor qualifying with AZPOST test. (Arizona police officer standard training). I go to my local PD, each year and qualify.
Gotcha. Thanks fellas for clearing that up! I saw some old timers on our range every now and again and thought you had. Some guys even travel back from retirement to do so. But maybe it’s an easier qual and worth it 🤷‍♂️

1 - 10 of 10 Posts