Les Baer. 45 Supertac....1st time out

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by Scotch&1911's, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Scotch&1911's

Scotch&1911's Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Well I finally got a few hours to break the new Baer in today. Took it to my local private range I have a membership to and went to work. I only shot 200 rds. I started off just ringing steel, and learning the sights. This thing is super tight. I CAN'T pull the slide open unless I smack it from the front/muzzle and pop it out of battery. Following Baer's guidelines I did not disassemble and clean the pistol and left it soaking wet in oil. I shot 230 grain ball ammo only. And used only Wilson 47D mags in it.

How did it do? Really well. Zero malfunctions and the adjustable target night sights are dead on from the factory. The pic below shows a 7 yard group at 20yds (top left), and 7 rds from 10yds (middle). Both shot resting on sandbags.[​IMG][​IMG]
    Me shooting

The trigger is very nice and breaks right at 4lbs. I expected to see wear to the dupont finish on the barrel. But so far nothing. The ambi safety is still incredibly tight and hard to flip up and down. But all in all I am really happy with the purchase thus far. After 200 rds its still as tight as when I started.[​IMG]

colrhino, cwoods, TexasBB and 4 others like this.
  2. Greg6640

Greg6640 John 14:6 Supporting Addict

Apr 20, 2015
    Wrong handed even!!! Nice!!!;)
    Thanks for sharing!

3. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
  4. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Keep shooting , it keeps getting better ! Enjoy

5. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    Nice! Great shooting. Breaking in a new Baer is one of life's little pleasures.

cwoods likes this.
  6. 1911whore

1911whore Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    When i saw the groups i KNEW you were a fellow lefty. Nice work.

Scotch&1911's likes this.
  7. cwoods

cwoods Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    I really love how that pistol turned out. And thanks for posting dirty baer photos.

Scotch&1911's likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted