Les Baer 6" .45 ACP

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Colorado Sonny, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Does anyone out there have experience with the Baer 1911 Premier II© 6” Model or the Baer 1911 Ultimate Master 6” Model? :p

Does anyone have experience with the 1.5" group guarantee package? As if I can shoot that well! :rolleyes:

Looking to go long in .45 ACP
    [​IMG]
    Baer 1911 Ultimate Master 6” Model
    [​IMG]
    Baer 1911 Premier II© 6” Model
    [​IMG]
    Dan Wesson Bruin 6" .45 ACP "Black not pictured"

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    41 Charlie likes this.
  2. Colorado Sonny

Sep 25, 2015
    I threw in the Dan Wesson as a comparison, which I will consider. I could do without the FCS, and I have sent an email to Baer on what exactly is the difference between the two Baers. Some stuff is obvious like the two piece magwell and a 3.5 lb. trigger vs. a 4.0 lb trigger....but is there extra care in one and not the other????o_O

41 Charlie likes this.

3. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    I have a Les Baer 6" with 1.5" package but it is in 38super. It is a great gun and shoots as advertised

wcanterbury and 41 Charlie like this.
  4. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Long slides (especially chambered in 38 super) have certainly kept me up at night. But like you, could do without the FCS...

Look forward to following along!

wcanterbury and zensho like this.
  5. Colorado Sonny

Sep 25, 2015
    This is my quandary, I have heard a lot of good things about .38 Super and I am willing to try it out in a lower priced pistol like a Colt that can be worked over later by a good smith. But, I am leery of picking up a new caliber. That is why I am looking at the 6" pistols in .45 ACP as they seem to have a good balance for me. I do enjoy my comped Colt built by Terry Tussey many years ago even though it is still a 5" barrel.
    [​IMG]

tejano51 likes this.
  6. dakota1911

dakota1911 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    I have thought about 6 inch but would like it in 10mm which has me looking at the DW Bruin more.

wcanterbury likes this.
  7. Anthony Donofrio

Anthony Donofrio "Ex Virtute Dei"..

Jul 3, 2015
    Bruin is an excellent soft shooting 10mm. It feels balanced and if you are a reloader, the rounds feel like soft shooting 9mm rounds. I'm not a big fan too on FCS too. Check out Night Hawk too. GL

wcanterbury likes this.
  8. Colorado Sonny

Sep 25, 2015
    Les Baer is now making:
    NEW! Baer 1911 Premier II, 6” Model, Blued, 10mm, With Extended Safety and Green
    Fiber Optic Front Sight $2940.00

41 Charlie likes this.
  9. postman10mm

postman10mm Active Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Baer will make it without FCS, with fixed sights and will let you specify the trigger weight, just order through CJ or the other guy and tell them what you want.

I came this close to ordering the longslide, learned that in .45 it actually decreases velocity, considered the .38 Super but put it hold as I couldn't justify starting with a new caliber. If I do pick up another 1911, it will be a Wilson .38 Super with a bull barrel, maybe 5", maybe a 6", probably both

wcanterbury and 41 Charlie like this.
  10. bigbob76

bigbob76 Not so big Bob these days Supporting Addict

Jul 3, 2012
    STI makes some 6 inchers, I have a Trojan and two Targetmasters (one in 9, one in .45). I like the different balance and the impulse is different when shooting, more than just the added weight making it softer. I don't know any other way to describe it. The longer sight radius makes a difference also. Writing this reminded me I also have a 6 inch Springfield Armory, I think I'll get it out to shoot tomorrow.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted